Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Why are Player 10.1 source libraries missing from LCCS SDK Navigator?

Level 1

I have downloaded the LCCS SDK Navigator. Player 9 and 10 both have SWC and Source files, but 10.1 only has SWC files. This is further confirmed when navigating to the com.adobe.afcs plug-in folder. When installing the 10.1, I have no choice but to "source attach:" the src folder for Player 10.

This is causing an error. When using Flash Builder 4 to import AFCS componenets (such as <rtc:SimpleChat>), I am recieving a notifications:

1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: GroupSpecifier / NetGroup.These error messeges do not appear when using the Player 10 SWC.

I realize that these errors are related to the new p2p features in 10.1. Others have complained about this issue prior to the release of 10.1 and were able to bypass it by using playerglobal.swc, but that shouldn't be needed anymore. I have installed 10.1 on my machine, including in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\player\win\ folder that my copy of Flash Developer 4 uses.

I am left with the assumtion that either the Player 10.1 SWC cannot be used yet (until the source files are available) or that I have somehow incorrectly set up Player 10.1 for Flash Builder. Any assistance would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi ,

I suppose your SDK doesn’t cover 10.1 . It has nothing to do with afcs.swc. I will give you two solutions , you can try either of it

a) You can get the playerglobal.swc for flash player 10.1 from adobe labs and follow this link below that explains what you need to do

http://blog.promethe.net/2010/03/31/flash-10-1-with-flex-builder-3-or-flash-builder-4/

Basically, you create a new 10.1 folder under you Flash Builder's C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\sdks\4.0.0\frameworks\libs\player and copy the playerglobal.swc there and in Flex Compiler under Project->Properties , use 10.1.0 as the Specific Adobe Player version( the link above shows it). I tried one 10.1 example just now and it works fine.

b) You can use the new Flex 4.1 SDK and use that SDK as it supports flash player 10.1. Follow this link http://blog.digitalbackcountry.com/2010/06/using-flash-player-10-1-and-air-2-in-flash-builder/ . You can get the Flex 4.1 SDK by following this link. To use a particular SDK, go to Flex Compiler and click on Configure Flex SDKs link. Add your SDK and select it.

I will put up a page in future that explains all these to users building AIR App with lccs and 10.1.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Regards

Hironmay Basu

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi,

We do not yet provide source for 10.1 , we only provide the swc. Why you need to link to source for 10.1 as swc should be sufficient for building any app for 10.1.

And if you do need source, you need to use player both 10 source and swc.

Also if you are using 10.1 swc, make sure you set your required Flash player version to 10.1.0 in Flex Compiler under Project->Properties.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Regards

Hironmay Basu

Level 1

Thank you Hironmay,

I created a new Web Flex Project, set the Player Version to 10.1 and loaded the SWC. It works! You were correct that I do not need the source files. My apologies for assuming that I did.

It seems my issue is resulting from a different problem. I have discovered that I cannot see the "Adobe Flash Player options" section on the flex compiler when using AIR. I am supposed to see that option, correct? It was in AIR that I was recieveing this error messege and now I no longer have the option to change it to 10.1 Player.

I tried an experiment. I created two brand new Flex Projects

Application Type: Web - Flex Compiler = Flex SDK Version / Adobe Flash Player options / compiler options / HTML wrapper

Application Type: Desktop - Flex Compiler = Flex SDK Version / compiler options

I am using both AIR and Web versions of my app so I need help finding the cause of this issue. I tried switching to another Workspace, but the problem persisted.

Former Community Member

Hi ,

I always used to refer users to this alternate post http://forums.adobe.com/message/1915708#1915708 about how to set the compiler option in case of an AIR application. But when I tried it out right now, I realized with the right playerglobal.swc that has 10.1 you really don’t need to do this for 10.1 apps and it will take care by itself to compile player 10.1 features.

I will suggest do this. Get the player 10.1 playerglobal.swc from adobe's website and add that playerglobal in your library path of project and not the one inside default Flex Builder's 4.0 sdk. Also remove the default existing playerglobal.swc from library path coming with Flash Builder as I couldn’t find 10.1 support.

Substituting the new playerglobal actually worked for me just now and I didn’t need to set an additional compiler option to 10.1.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 1

Thank you for the advice. I have managed to follow your instructions (add playerglobal.swc 10.1 to the Library Path) and get the messege to disappear, but this leads to another problem in AIR.

I have set up a basic LCCS SDK tutorial app (the one from the AFCS Developer Guide on page 92-93). Running that app with my email address, password and roomURL works fine in a Web version. I repeat, a Flash web version of this app works fine.

However, when using it in a playerglobal.swc-added AIR app, I get the following error:

VerifyError: Error #1014: Class flash.net::GroupSpecifier could not be found.

at com.adobe.rtc.session::ConnectSession()
    at com.adobe.rtc.session::ConnectSessionContainer()[C:\work\main\connect\cocomoPlayer10.1\src\com\adobe\rtc\session\ConnectSessionContainer.as:94]
    at NewPlayer007/_NewPlayer007_ConnectSessionContainer1_c()
    at NewPlayer007/_NewPlayer007_Array1_c()
    at mx.core::DeferredInstanceFromFunction/getInstance()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\DeferredInstanceFromFunction.as:105]
    at spark.components::SkinnableContainer/createDeferredContent()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components\SkinnableContainer.as:985]
    at spark.components::SkinnableContainer/createContentIfNeeded()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components\SkinnableContainer.as:1014]
    at spark.components::SkinnableContainer/createChildren()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components\SkinnableContainer.as:827]
    at mx.core::UIComponent/initialize()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:7250]
    at spark.components::Application/initialize()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components\Application.as:916]
    at spark.components::WindowedApplication/initialize()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\airspark\src\spark\components\WindowedApplication.as:1833]
    at NewPlayer007/initialize()
    at mx.managers.systemClasses::ChildManager/childAdded()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\systemClasses\ChildManager.as:189]
    at mx.managers.systemClasses::ChildManager/initializeTopLevelWindow()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\systemClasses\ChildManager.as:341]
    at mx.managers::SystemManager/initializeTopLevelWindow()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\SystemManager.as:2810]
    at mx.managers::SystemManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::kickOff()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\SystemManager.as:2637]
    at mx.managers::SystemManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::preloader_completeHandler()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\SystemManager.as:2539]
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    at mx.preloaders::Preloader/timerHandler()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\preloaders\Preloader.as:515]
    at flash.utils::Timer/_timerDispatch()
    at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

Since this error is related to GroupSpecifier (but did not occur in the web-version), it seems to be being caused by a conflict between the added playerglobal.swc and afcs.swc. Is it possible I am using conflicting versions or an out-of-date SWC? Or do you think there is another reason for the error in AIR?

Can you also provide me with download links to the newest compatable playerglobal.swc and afcs.swc? Thank you.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi ,

I suppose your SDK doesn’t cover 10.1 . It has nothing to do with afcs.swc. I will give you two solutions , you can try either of it

a) You can get the playerglobal.swc for flash player 10.1 from adobe labs and follow this link below that explains what you need to do

http://blog.promethe.net/2010/03/31/flash-10-1-with-flex-builder-3-or-flash-builder-4/

Basically, you create a new 10.1 folder under you Flash Builder's C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\sdks\4.0.0\frameworks\libs\player and copy the playerglobal.swc there and in Flex Compiler under Project->Properties , use 10.1.0 as the Specific Adobe Player version( the link above shows it). I tried one 10.1 example just now and it works fine.

b) You can use the new Flex 4.1 SDK and use that SDK as it supports flash player 10.1. Follow this link http://blog.digitalbackcountry.com/2010/06/using-flash-player-10-1-and-air-2-in-flash-builder/ . You can get the Flex 4.1 SDK by following this link. To use a particular SDK, go to Flex Compiler and click on Configure Flex SDKs link. Add your SDK and select it.

I will put up a page in future that explains all these to users building AIR App with lccs and 10.1.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Regards

Hironmay Basu

Level 1

Thanks Hironmay! That solved the problem. At first I ran into some errors related to using an AIR 1.5 app with the new SKD ( like this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/584454), but I created new projects and pasted my app code into it. Now Web and AIR are working fine with with SDK 4.1.

In retrospect, when I get errors using brand new features of the release player (barely a week old!) I guess I should check for a new Flex SDK. I will try that in the future before requesting assistance.

Thank you again for your quick response.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----