Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Where is the Double-click Event in Adobe LiveCycle Designer

Level 1

Hi Experts:

I was trying to put code into a Double Click event in Adobe LiveCycle Designer, but couldn't find the Event. There is a "Click" event, but that won't do.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Jen

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Jen,

I was surprised the double click was missing but I use the following code in the click event, just replace the "[my double click code ]" and "[ my single click code ]" with your single and double click code.  This code delays the single click event for 400ms to see if a second click is coming, you might want to play around with the 400ms as you have to balance the responsiveness of a single click with the double click.

if (new Date() - this.date < 400)

{

app.clearTimeOut(this.timeout);

this.date = undefined;

[my double click code ]

}

else

{

if (xfa.event.fullText !== "singleClick")

{

this.timeout = app.setTimeOut("xfa.event.fullText='singleClick';xfa.resolveNode('"+this.somExpression+"').execEvent('click');",500);

}

else

{

[ my single click code ];

}

}

this.date = new Date();

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 10

Designer forms do not have a Double click event. You only have Click event.

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

But that seems very limited. Is there a workaround or a custom solution?

Level 10

I do see a reason a double click is useful.

You have fields and buttons in Designer, the same things you have onto a website and in other programs.

And for those you also don't need a double click.

Level 10

What's limiting about single vs. double clicking? Just curious...

I imagine you could come up with some sort of custom solution involving a counter and timeouts or something like that, but not sure.

Level 1

The desire is to have a text field (cell in a table) double clicked and a popup box to come up so text can be entered and stored with the cell. But not always.

If we are limited to a single click, how do we get into a cell, but not want the popup box?

Level 10

You can use a script in the click:event of the field to identify if the shift key is pressed down, when clicking into the field.

if (xfa.event.shift == true)

{

script to execute if shift is pressed

}

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Jen,

I was surprised the double click was missing but I use the following code in the click event, just replace the "[my double click code ]" and "[ my single click code ]" with your single and double click code.  This code delays the single click event for 400ms to see if a second click is coming, you might want to play around with the 400ms as you have to balance the responsiveness of a single click with the double click.

if (new Date() - this.date < 400)

{

app.clearTimeOut(this.timeout);

this.date = undefined;

[my double click code ]

}

else

{

if (xfa.event.fullText !== "singleClick")

{

this.timeout = app.setTimeOut("xfa.event.fullText='singleClick';xfa.resolveNode('"+this.somExpression+"').execEvent('click');",500);

}

else

{

[ my single click code ];

}

}

this.date = new Date();

Level 1

BR0001:

You are crafty! That worked for me exactly.

Thank you very much,

Jen