Expand my Community achievements bar.

Where do you start to create dynamic forms in LiveCycle?

Level 1

Hi,

My understanding is that within LiveCycle, you have the ability to create a form that will adapt to the information the user needs.   Specifically, I need to create a form which will allow a text box to grow/shrink based on the amount of information a person has.   I also need to be able to have the user add additional sections of the form, or delete ones which are not needed.   (eg:  Previous Employers on a job application...some folks have one, some have five). 

I'm gathering it's an "if/then" script which can be triggered by the user...but I'm at a loss as to where to start.   (And scripting scares the heck out of me...)

Is this functionality something LiveCycle has..and if so, does anyone have any ideas on where to start?

Thanks,

Janice  

2 Replies

Level 10

Janice,

Please find my answers in BLUE

My understanding is that within LiveCycle, you have the ability to create a form that will adapt to the information the user needs.   Specifically, I need to create a form which will allow a text box to grow/shrink based on the amount of information a person has. 

Srini: You can have a TextField on the form and check the checkbox "Allow Multiple Lines" in the properties. and Then check the checkbox "Expand to Fit" for the Height in the Layout Properties. Change the Type of the Ssubform that holds this TextField to Flowed.

I also need to be able to have the user add additional sections of the form, or delete ones which are not needed.   (eg:  Previous Employers on a job application...some folks have one, some have five).

Srini: In PDF you can Add/ Remove sections by using the addInstance/removeInstance methods of InstanceManager..Attached is sample which can give you an idea..

https://acrobat.com/#d=01n8nsl1Nm756xAii6NBlA

Thanks

Srini

Level 10

A great place to start is with a copy of Creating Dynamic Forms with Adobe LiveCycle Designer by J.P. Terry.

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/tutorials/acr8_lcdynforms.html