Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Variables question

Level 4

I need to create a variable

Once the Project Number is selected a list of Task Numbers appear along with the Task Title (there will be quite a few Project Numbers to select from)

for example I would like to select the Project Number from a dropdown list and the Task Number assigned to the Project Number is available in another dropdown list for the employee to select from:

1st Project

SSS-SM119 X4 - ABC Manpower

2B-FY00 - Business

2B-FY00 - Books

2B-FY00 - Pencils

2nd Project

SSS-SM119 X4 - CCC Power

2B-FY00 - Candles

2B-FY00 - Pens

2B-FY00 - Pencils

I looked at the Purchase Order Sample it is along the lines of what I am trying to accomplish but I still need some more assistance with my overall result.

Any examples will be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Here you go .....if you have a large number of projects you may want to use a switch statement instead .....you may find it easier to deal with each case that way.

Paul

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Former Community Member

The big question is where is the data for these dropdowns going to come from....are you going to hardcode it into the form or are you expecting to connect to an external source and grab it?

Paul

Level 4

I am going to hardcode it into the form.

Former Community Member

In the case of the Purchase Order sample they were using states and provinces with countries. Becasue of the volume of elements they used arrays to handle this. Do you have a large volume of projects and Tasks?

Paul

Level 4

Yes,

Is there a way for you to provide of a sample of the information that I provided to you with those 2 Project Numbers and Task Numbers.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Here you go .....if you have a large number of projects you may want to use a switch statement instead .....you may find it easier to deal with each case that way.

Paul

Level 4

This is exactly what I was trying to achieve.

Thanks sooo much!

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----