Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Validate a user Initial field that's located on a master page

Level 6

I have a dynamic form that uses multiple master pages. The Master page named  "MPID" has a user Initial field placed at the boom for the user to add his/her sign-off initials. The various pages within the document (e.g. Intro, TOC, BodyContent, Closing, and References) are all assigned to a specific master page.

For example:

Intro - assigned to MasterPageA

TOC - assigned to MasterPageB

BodyContent - assigned to MPID (note: MPID is the named of the master page)

Closing - assigned to MasterPageC

References - assigned to MasterPageD

If needed, the "BodyContent" page(s) will continue filling the master page parent (MPID) if the content flows beyond one page. Thus, there could be any number of BodyContent pages with an initial field at the bottom of the page - depending on the amount of flowed content.

What I need is a way to validate (via a button) that "each" initial field has been signed/initialed by the user. Since the initial field is placed on a master page (MPID), I've been having a hard time trying to gather ALL instances of the initial fields and validate each one independently.  There could be any number of initial fields...it just depends on how many MPID master pages are dynamically rendered for "BodyContent".

NOTE: I CAN'T use global binding for the initial field since the user must physically initial each field on each page that it appears.

Can any help?

Thank you in advance.

0 Replies