Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Using LiveCycle with MSOffice 2010

Former Community Member

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to use PDF Generator in LiveCycle with Microsoft Office 2010 ?

If not, are there any known issue on using the 2007 version on the LC server to convert documents created with MSO2010 (i don't think the docx specs have changed, but still) ?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

What version of Office is running on the LiveCycle PDF Generator ES server?  Even if you save it as an Office 2007 format file, if the Office version on the Generator server is 2010 then that could be a problem.

As was stated before Generator currently doesn't support Office 2010

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

Hi,

It is probably going to work with Office 2010, though I have not tested this myself. Just keep in mind that it is not supported by Adobe, so using Office 2010 is on your own risk. Hopefully It will be supported in next version of LC.

I don't know if there is any issue with Office 2007 and converting Office 2010 documents.

Former Community Member

Ok, that's what I thought ...

Thanks anyway dawittwe !

Level 1

I am runniung Office 2010 and have not been able to get LC to recognize it as a Word

source.  Even savign the files as doc, ala Office 2007, LC still does not recognize the Word file

as a template.  LC say it can not find an XP editor.

Correct answer by
Level 8

What version of Office is running on the LiveCycle PDF Generator ES server?  Even if you save it as an Office 2007 format file, if the Office version on the Generator server is 2010 then that could be a problem.

As was stated before Generator currently doesn't support Office 2010