Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Using LCDS producr / consumer in WebLogic WSRP portlet not working

Level 1

I am investigating the use of LCDS to asynchronously "push" data to Flash components residing in WebLogic portlets.  I've set up a test using an LCDS producer/consumer destination - the Flash component is the consumer and the producer is implemented in a java Servlet.  The code for the test is basically a copy of the data push scenario in the LCDS samples.  The test is being run both in "local" portlets, and portlets that are intended to be consumed by other portals using WSRP.
When I run the test using "local" portlets (that is, hosted on the same portal server as the portal, and accessed via the portal on that same server) everything works well.  When I execute my producer servlet, the consumers get the asynchronous push.
However, when the Flash component is in a portlet consumed remotely into a different portal via WSRP, the push doesn't work.  I execute the servlet, I see the local clients getting the message, but the WSRP portlet never gets the message.  Do I have to do something different to enable LCDS to push data to a remotely consumed WSRP portlet?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi StevePamp,

To expose the portlet for WSRP consumption, add the following preference element to the portlet-preferences section of the portlet.xml file.This setting enables requests from SWF files to be proxied though the consumer server in accordance with the WSRP specification.

<preference> 
    <name>channel_uri</name>
    <value>/messagebroker/amfpolling</value>
    <read-only>true</read-only>
</preference>

The documentation is available here:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/LiveCycleDataServicesES/3.1/Developing/WSc 3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811f00f7045b-7f2bUpdate.html

Let me know if this works for you?

Thanks,

Rohit

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi StevePamp,

To expose the portlet for WSRP consumption, add the following preference element to the portlet-preferences section of the portlet.xml file.This setting enables requests from SWF files to be proxied though the consumer server in accordance with the WSRP specification.

<preference> 
    <name>channel_uri</name>
    <value>/messagebroker/amfpolling</value>
    <read-only>true</read-only>
</preference>

The documentation is available here:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/LiveCycleDataServicesES/3.1/Developing/WSc 3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811f00f7045b-7f2bUpdate.html

Let me know if this works for you?

Thanks,

Rohit

Level 1

Hi Rohit -

THANK YOU!!  That was what I was missing.  My tests are successful now...  Many thanks.  You really helped me out of a jam.

Thanks again,

Steve