Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Urgent Help: Unable to get value from Drop DownList

Level 4

Hi All,

There is a situation where I need to get the value from dropdown list just by scrolling over it.

I have a dropdown list.There are certain items in it. When I change the items using keyboard's UP & DOWN Keys (Not commiting seletion by ENTER or MOUSE Click) change event fires but I am not getting the value of the visible item in dropdown.

It shows the value of Last Selected item everytime when I do this.rawValue, which I didn't want. I need the value of the current visible item in the box.

I hope you understand the problem.

Pls gimme the solution for this.

-

Abhinav

2 Replies

Level 10

Try using the "event.newText" to get the selected item value from the change event.

Thanks

Srini

Level 4

Thanks Srini Dhulipalla,

I have tried that and I was able to get the current text from the list... but I need to get the value for that label (newText) cuz I am using that unique value everywhere. At this time i cannot get the value just getting the Text. It will force me a lot of work if I do handle it by using the Text instead of value. Any Help.

Thanks.

-

Abhinav