Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Urgent : ActivePrincipalNotFoundException: No active group found with GroupPrincipalId: 7D6E682A-54C

Level 1

Hello
i'm administering and maintainng an application based on LiveCycle ES 8.0.  Recently i've received the exception described in the post title.
The application's users list is synchronized with my customer's ldap , and  consists of a workflow to digitally sign some pdf files. Once the first user has  signed the file an email is sent to the next user.
The component sending the email is a custom component developed by my firm,  as last step it uses the next user email address to query the adobe database and  translate it to a unique identifier (select id from EDCPRINCIPALENTITY where  email = ? ) and outputs the result into "UserUID" , defined as output variable  in the component. The output component variable is mapped to a process variable  (UserID) and a route brings the process to a UserService (assign Task).
Now for a specific user the id gets resolved and return to the UserService,  but the UserService stalls with the below exception (if you need full stack i  can provide it) :
2011-01-31 17:17:34,017 INFO  [STDOUT] Jan 31, 2011 5:17:34 PM  com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.userservice.UserServiceImpl  createTaskFromDialogProperties
WARNING:  UserServiceImpl:createTaskFromDialogProperties()  No active principal was found  when trying to create the task, this item will stall or have a fault fired.   Exception message is: No active group found with GroupPrincipalId:  7D6E682A-54C0-FD98-8BBF-A80ED367A8BC
com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.task.ActivePrincipalNotFoundException:  No active group found with GroupPrincipalId:  7D6E682A-54C0-FD98-8BBF-A80ED367A8BC
2011-01-31 17:17:34,019 INFO  [STDOUT] Jan 31, 2011 5:17:34 PM  com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.userservice.UserServiceImpl  createTaskFromDialogProperties
WARNING:  UserServiceImpl:createTaskFromDialogProperties()  An exception occured trying to  create a task, and the exception is unrelated to assigning to an invalid user.   Exception message is: No active group found with GroupPrincipalId:  7D6E682A-54C0-FD98-8BBF-A80ED367A8BC
com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.task.ActivePrincipalNotFoundException:  No active group found with GroupPrincipalId:  7D6E682A-54C0-FD98-8BBF-A80ED367A8BC
at  com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.service.TaskManagerServiceImpl.getQueueForPathExpression(TaskManagerServiceImpl.java:5807)

this seems to happen only for this user and this kind of document. I've  checked the configuration of the users and groups and everithing looks  fine. There aren't inactive services and as already stated , at this moment,  this seems to happen all for this user.
Moreover i've tried to retray the stalled task and it has gone on (as if  the user had signed the document) but then i've got anther error :
2011-02-01 11:08:36,971 ERROR [com.adobe.workflow.AWS] stalling  action-instance: 112318 with message: ALC-DSC-002-000:  com.adobe.idp.dsc.RequiredParameterException: Parameter: document is  required.
what does exactly mean the first exception ? what could i check to solve  this problem ?
I need urgent help, since at least this user is stuck.
Thank you in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Interesting thought.  If that is the case then you should be able to add a check into your SQL query to ensure that you are using the current record.

and status="CURRENT"   may suffice.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 8

It looks like the step is trying to assign a task to a specific group and that group is either not found or is inactive. You say that the process gets a user id, but the error says the system is trying to lookup the entry as a group.

Can you check the task step and see if the UserID is assigned to a group rather than a user?

Level 1

The userid is correctly assigned to a user.

The problem seems to be raised since the user has been recreated in the LDAP (we are synchronized with LDAP) with exactaly the same attributes.

My hypothesis is that during syncronization LiveCycle recognize that the user is no more the same and take two actions:

- logically delete the old user

- create a new user with a new guid but with the same attributes values

Before assign the user task, we figure out who is the user involved by querying the livecycle DB, using the mail as search criteria.

We get the first occurrence of the results (thinking that only one will be find) and we read from that occurrence the userid that we use later to assign the user task.

In this case the query get the logically deleted entry, so we translate the mail with a userid that cannot be used in a user task, since logically deleted.

Does it make sense for you? Or I'm completely out of track?

Correct answer by
Level 8

Interesting thought.  If that is the case then you should be able to add a check into your SQL query to ensure that you are using the current record.

and status="CURRENT"   may suffice.

Level 1

That was the case, indeed.

We solved with your suggestion.

Thanks

Level 1

Hi Hodmi,

We have been having some issues similar to the one above, and thought you might be able to assist us. Here are few lines from the Stalled Operation Error Details:

The scenario is the following: the user was initially created in the default domain for test purposes and then was deleted.

The same user was synchronized with the Enterprise LDAP with the same information except for the password.

We are using Adobe LiveCycle ES 8.2.1.

The problem is that every time the user is assigned a task or try to create one the system gives the below error. Even though the user can currently log into the workspace without any problem, but she not able to participate in any workflow processes.

A user was found but is not active for User Identifier:(deleted username for privacy purpose).  Could not create queue.

StackTrace:

com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.task.ActivePrincipalNotFoundException: A user was found but is not acive for User Identifier:(deleted username for privacy purpose).  Could not create queue.

at com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.service.TaskManagerServiceImpl.getSpecificUserQueueFromXPath(TaskManagerServiceImpl.java:6718)

at com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.service.TaskManagerServiceImpl.getQueueForPathExpression(TaskManagerServiceImpl.java:6762)

at com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.service.TaskManagerServiceImpl.getQueue(TaskManagerServiceImpl.java:6513)

at com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.service.TaskManagerServiceImpl.createTask(TaskManagerServiceImpl.java:174)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

Would you be able to direct us in the right locate as to where to correct this issue so the user can fully participate in all processes?

Thank you in advance for your help.