Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unable to create (first) Workbench application ("Failed to create application, please check if application name contains invalid string).

Level 1

Connection to local Livecycle server (ES4 trial) is working, service provider configured normally - Repository service 1.0 provider service is "RepositoryProviderService".

Error message is ambiguous and issue is definitely not with application name. This is a fresh installation so this may be a common pitfall with installation or configuration.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Thanks Aditaya. I didn't know about the DesignTimeService. There were no issues and I had already checked the other settings.

Looking at the logs it turned out that the JVM ran out of memory. Increasing the memory resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee

Hi

I hope the service is in running state. Check the "DesigntimeService" too.

if it does not help, then also please check by configuring the service run as "Specify run as " as System on "repository provider service" and try again.

Also search for the services in stopped state. default services should all be in running state.

Correct answer by
Level 1

Thanks Aditaya. I didn't know about the DesignTimeService. There were no issues and I had already checked the other settings.

Looking at the logs it turned out that the JVM ran out of memory. Increasing the memory resolved the issue.