Expand my Community achievements bar.

Trying to hide some text

Level 4

Hi,

I've been working on a form in which I need to have some data in there, but it doesn't need to be visible all the time.  Some of the information has weblinks in it that I would like to remain active.  I've tried to shrink the text box size, but I can seem to find a way to make it display if I want it to and I have also tried the captions in the Accessibility tab.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

7 Replies

Former Community Member

Not sure I follow ....can you elaborate and maybe post a sample of what you are looking for?

Paul

Level 4

Ok, I'm attaching the file I'm working with. Sorry it looks bad because I'm in the process of getting info into it, but don't want to go too in case I need to make big changes.  If you look on page 2 you'll see the 3rd row has some text, but some of it is hidden.  If you look at the 4th and 5th row and put the mouse of the "description" column text you'll see additional info appear.  Does that help make my question make sense?

Former Community Member

I am still not getting it .....Are you talking about the text that is in the

tooltip or the text in the Cell? I did notice that

a couple of rows are not big enough to show the amount of text that is in the field. You can resize the row by clicking just to the left of the row. Then the adjustment bars will appear and you can resize the row.

Paul

Level 4

Sorry.  I have two things going on right now and trying to figure what's going to work the best.  I know that I can just resize the boxes to make things show, but I don't necessarily want them to show all the time.  I also have stuff in the ToolTip, which I kind of like, but is there then a way to make the url's usable or not?  If not, then is there a way to keep all the text in the form itself (outside of the ToolTip), but keep most everything aside from the topic hidden unless someone needed to see it?  Hopefully that helps.

Former Community Member

The tooltips will not work in a tooltip. So you are trying to vary the size of the row to hide/show the text that you want ...right?

What action will the user take to indicate that you want to show/hide thsi additional information?

Paul

Level 4

I'm not following what you're saying about tooltip not working in tooltip.

The other part I think you've got.  I do want to vary the size thus showing and hiding the text.  However, I don't know what my options are for the user to designate whether it should appear or not.  Can it be done on a cell by cell basis as there can be several different people looking at it and having different needs regarding seeing the information?

Thanks!

Former Community Member

The links will not work inthe tooltips.

You can shrink it on a cell by cell basis but it will look really ugly so you probabaly want to change the size of the Row. My question was how will the user indicate that they want to see the additional information or hide it? Are you going to provide buttons or something?

Paul