Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Translation form

andersons205830
Level 2
Level 2
  1. Hello.


I have a question to translate a form using XLIFF.
1 – LiveCycle - In the menu Tool / Options in Document Handing I enabled the option Creat Translation IDs When Saving.

2 - I worked in a file that I have to translate. In follow I saved the file with the name of B with the XDP extension.


3 - Within the Cmd, C: \ Users \ Anderson \ FormTranslation
I typed the command java -jar saxon9.jar B.xdp extractstrings.xslt> B.s2x
And then I got B.s2x file.


4 - Then I opened the file in B.s2x in the  SwordFish program to translate. In this program I translated the English language for the Portuguese language. Then I saved this file B.s2x translated.


5 - After the Cmd I typed the command
java -jar saxon9.jar B.s2x mergestrings.xslt xdpFile B.xdp => BTranslated.xdp
So I got the BTranslated.xdp file. But when I opened the file in LiveCycle BTranslated.xdp this is not translated. I cannot understand why.

Comments. In step 4 when I translated the B.s2x file by SwordFish program, I opened the file with the B.s2x Notpad and made sure it was translated.
I realized that supposedly the problem is after the command Cmd in the java -jar saxon9.jar B.s2x mergestrings.xslt xdpFile B.xdp => BTranslated.xdp the file is not converted with the translation.
I put these files in the link, if someone can help me. After all process I changed the file names for you to understand what the original files and which translated form.
If anyone can help me I thank you.

Files,

WeTransfer

1 Accepted Solution
andersons205830
Correct answer by
Level 2
Level 2

Finally I was able to solve the problem.

The problem was in the mergestrings file.

I use the latest version of Adobe LiveCycle. That is, I used the mergestrings file that came in this release.

But I discovered that the error is at line 66 of this file.

<Xslt: variable name = "translatedNode" select = "$ s2x [@ id = $ idToGet] [1] / target" />

I installed the LiveCycle ES2 version on another computer. So I took the mergestrings file from this version.

When I compare the two files I noticed the error is on line 66.

ES4 - <xslt: variable name = "translatedNode" select = "$ s2x [@ id = $ idToGet] [1] / target" />

ES2 - <xslt: variable name = "idToGet" select = "@ xliff: rid" />

Select = "$ s2x [@ id = $ idToGet] [1] / source" />

After changing the mergestrings file and executing the command in ProntCmd (java -jar saxon8.jar myform.s2x mergestrings.xslt xdpFile = myform.xdp> myformtranslate.xdp) I got the file translated  in LiveCycle.

View solution in original post

0 Replies
andersons205830
Correct answer by
Level 2
Level 2

Finally I was able to solve the problem.

The problem was in the mergestrings file.

I use the latest version of Adobe LiveCycle. That is, I used the mergestrings file that came in this release.

But I discovered that the error is at line 66 of this file.

<Xslt: variable name = "translatedNode" select = "$ s2x [@ id = $ idToGet] [1] / target" />

I installed the LiveCycle ES2 version on another computer. So I took the mergestrings file from this version.

When I compare the two files I noticed the error is on line 66.

ES4 - <xslt: variable name = "translatedNode" select = "$ s2x [@ id = $ idToGet] [1] / target" />

ES2 - <xslt: variable name = "idToGet" select = "@ xliff: rid" />

Select = "$ s2x [@ id = $ idToGet] [1] / source" />

After changing the mergestrings file and executing the command in ProntCmd (java -jar saxon8.jar myform.s2x mergestrings.xslt xdpFile = myform.xdp> myformtranslate.xdp) I got the file translated  in LiveCycle.

View solution in original post

sujoyn3456561
Level 1
Level 1

While executing the command getting the following error, can u plz help me out

1186584_pastedImage_0.png

andersons205830
Level 2
Level 2

Hello.

I will help you.

But, my focus will in procees and not in error reported by you.

1 – Copy that files to inside de folder thas has de files for translation.

For exemplo: in my case the folder is C:\TranslateForms.

Put that files “mergestrings.xslt” and “extractstrings.xslt” inside the folder

“TranslateForms”.

2 - In LiveCycle Design, from the “Tools TAB” – “Options|Document Handling” select

“Create Translation ID’s when saving”.

1186784_pastedImage_2.png

3- Now you need to open the file for translation or create a file for translation.

And the next step is save form as extension XDP.

4. Open command prompt and make sure you cd to: C:\TranslateForms

1186785_pastedImage_5.png

5. Type the following command

java -jar saxon8.jar MYFILE.xdp extractstrings.xslt > MYFILE.s2x

6– After that command you get the file .s2x

I don’t what version LiveCycle you are using and if you put the files from step 1 inside the folder for translation.

I hope that help you.

If you don’t get the file .s2x let me know.

Files:

extractstrings.xslt - Google Drive

mergestrings.xslt - Google Drive

andersons205830
Level 2
Level 2

Sorry,  after step 1 I forgot that step:

You need put the Saxon8.jar or Saxon9.jar  inside the folder C:\TranslateForms

Unpack the Saxon.

saxon8.jar.zip - Google Drive

andersons205830
Level 2
Level 2

If you use Saxon 8 the command is:

java -jar saxon8.jar MYFILE.xdp extractstrings.xslt > MYFILE.s2x

If you use Saxon 9 the command is:

java -jar saxon9.jar MYFILE.xdp extractstrings.xslt > MYFILE.s2x