Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Title for dialog box

Former Community Member

Hi,

How can the title (which appears on the blue shade), be changed on a pop-up window which appears using the execdialog method? I have set the "name" property, but that doesn't seem to take effect on the dialog window.

Thanks,

Nakul

3 Replies

Level 4

execdialog is an Adobe Acrobat method, and will not work in Livecycle Developer. In Livecycle, the equivalent method would be "xfa.host.messagebox(...)." Please read this for more details on it's use.

- Scott

P.S. If you are using Acrobat, you posted your question in the wrong section of the forum... you will receive more useful answers if you post approriately.

Former Community Member

Thanks for your response Scott.

I am working in ADOBE LC ES. The reason I am using execdialog is that my form needs an interactive pop-up window. The user has the ability to select from a set of check boxes and on clicking "OK", the selected values are displayed in a text field on the parent form. This functionality is working prefectly when a reader extended form is viewed in ADOBE Reader. The only problem is the Title to the pop-up window which does not change even though the code has been added to change it.

Can an interactive pop-up window with checkboxes and text fields be developed using xfa.host.messagebox()? I was of the impression that execDialog is the only way.

Thanks

Nakul

Former Community Member

execDialog works just fine, although I'm getting the same behaviour as you ("Javascript Window" instead of a custom title).