Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

This should be easy! How can I change the background colour of my fields?

Level 3

Apologies if this has already been posted but nothing has come up via Google nor the Forum search.

I'm sure this should be easy but it's really doing my head in!

I have a number of textboxes, dropdown lists, etc within my form - I have set Custom backgrounds on each which are visible within Design View. However, in Preview PDF all the fields have a default blue colour and only change to my Custom backgrounds when you enter the field.

Is there a way of removing the default colouring of fields so that it's the same as my Custom backgrounds? My Custom backgrounds are 'linear to bottom' so I don't want to just set border.fill.color to one colour.

Thanks for any help,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

If you include this Javascript in the docReady event of the root node (default "form1").

app.runtimeHighlight = false; 

This will turn off the field highlight. It doesn't prevent the user from turning back on the highlight, but it will mean that your form opens with the highlight off.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

If you include this Javascript in the docReady event of the root node (default "form1").

app.runtimeHighlight = false; 

This will turn off the field highlight. It doesn't prevent the user from turning back on the highlight, but it will mean that your form opens with the highlight off.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

Level 3

Niall - you are a genius!

Many thanks for that,