Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Text field value based on numeric value of a number field

Former Community Member

I am trying to make a fillable PDF form for a Performance assessment.  I have three radio buttons that put a value in a total box.  For example, Not good = 15, Good = 30, Excellent = 45.  So depending on which radio button you select, the value of it will be 15, 30, or 45.  I have 6 different categories so the score can be anywhere from 100 - 300.  Based on these scores, there ranking is determined, so what I am trying to do is make a text box equal their ranking based on their total score.  This is what I tried with no success.

SalesPA.SalesPA.OverallScore::calculate - JavaScript, client)

if TotalPoints > 234

this = "Exceeding Expectations";

if TotalPoints > 179

this = "Meeting Expectations";

if TotalPoints > 99

this = "Not Meeting Expectations";

}

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Your JavaScript syntax was incorrect. Use the validation syntax tool in the future to avoid this. Here is a corrected version.

if(TotalPoints > 234)

{

this.rawValue = "Exceeding Expectations";

}

if(TotalPoints > 179)

{

this.rawValue= "Meeting Expectations";

}

if(TotalPoints > 99)

{

this.rawValue= "Not Meeting Expectations";

}

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Your JavaScript syntax was incorrect. Use the validation syntax tool in the future to avoid this. Here is a corrected version.

if(TotalPoints > 234)

{

this.rawValue = "Exceeding Expectations";

}

if(TotalPoints > 179)

{

this.rawValue= "Meeting Expectations";

}

if(TotalPoints > 99)

{

this.rawValue= "Not Meeting Expectations";

}

Former Community Member

jnicholas,

Thank you for your response.  I have made the change but my text box is still blank.  I can't seem at attach a screen shot of my screen.  Should this be under "Calculate" or should it be something else?

Former Community Member

Hi AceBK,

Is it possible for you to mail the form @ kvdvijaykumar@gmail.com so that I can take a look?

Thanks,

VJ

Former Community Member

I have played around with it and the only think I was missing was the ".rawValue" on the end of my field names.  Once I added that, it worked.