Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

Submitting form through server webmailer instead of client side email

Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer that uses a non-standard email system and enterprise security that will not allow them to submit my pdf

forms via email. I have a form mailer folder on my website which I can use for dynamic forms. Is there a way to integrate

that into my LiveCycle ES2 form as opposed to the standard?

Thank you,

Drew

3 Replies

Former Community Member

How do you get the files into your mailer folder ...do you post them there?

Paul

Level 1

Hi,

Sorry it took so long to get back for my GoDaddy PHP Mailer.

The following is the typical form code:

<input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit"/>
<input type="hidden" name="form_order" value="alpha"/> <input type="hidden" name="form_delivery" value="hourly_digest"/> <input type="hidden" name="form_format" value="html"/>

and this is the code for email submittal of of a LiveCycle form:

<submit format="pdf" textEncoding="UTF-16" xdpContent="pdf datasets xfdf" target="mailto:sales@ags4u.com"/>

and this is my attempt to use the PHP Mailer, which does not work:

<submit format="pdf" textEncoding="UTF-16" xdpContent="pdf datasets xfdf" target="/webformmailer.php"/>

~and~

<submit format="pdf" textEncoding="UTF-16" xdpContent="pdf datasets xfdf" target="http://www.ags4u.com/webformmailer.php"/>

Thank you,

Drew

Former Community Member

You will not be able to email but you shoud be able to post the information through an HTTP connection. If you simply use a submit button (not an email submit) and set the target to your PHP script (I assume that it has been set up to recieve the file) then it should work.

Paul