Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Submit button missing

Level 1

Hi,

hope this is the correct section. I was not able to find this problem.

I´ve got problem with Submit button. In the process I am assembling two documents together, so one is as an attachment of the second. Then I am using it as a Input for a User Assign component. Form should have an Submit button, which is already there. But in Workspace, after assigning and opening the form, I cannot see the button. I can see common button, which after pressing is giving me "Submit cancelled" error msg.

Settings for the Submit button are common like for the rest forms I am using and working with. Button is not appearing also when I am not using ddx component for assembly.

I was already in the situation of ´submit missing´, but this time I am out of idea what´s wrong.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Lukas

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

If you have the Form Bridge added to your PDF, the submit button will be hidden in Workspace and the Complete button will show up in the Workspace interface.

Also you need to make sure the Submit URL of the submit button is set to http://<servername>:<port>/workspace-server/submit.

Is that what you get?

Jasmin

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

If you have the Form Bridge added to your PDF, the submit button will be hidden in Workspace and the Complete button will show up in the Workspace interface.

Also you need to make sure the Submit URL of the submit button is set to http://<servername>:<port>/workspace-server/submit.

Is that what you get?

Jasmin

Level 1

True that.

That component was missing in my process (I am reading it from the repository). Also I guess it has to be before Reader Extension, not after. Just a small thing.

Thanks a lot, Jasmine.

ps. submit url I am using not.

Former Community Member

Me again (forgot email I used for creating an account).

The button is there, but accdentally it´s not working. I can click it, but nothing is going to happen. 

Level 10

I must be the submit url not being set.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Right, that info was missing. Now I can´t see any data I input to the form. I guess it´s because of the Document type.

But when I am trying to test it, I am getting:  com.adobe.idp.DocumentError: The Document is not available on the sending side anymore. Make sure that it is not disposed or garbage collected too early.

On the ReadResourceContent. I am reading just from the resource folder. How to prevent the component from doing this?

Former Community Member

In a fact, I need just ONE small thing - let´s image a process with just ONE component - assign task. And one variable - DocForm, which should be opened on that assign task... Just Invoke the process and then in Todo open the task-document. But it´s not working.

It´s the error 007-040 problem which was already solved here on the forum, but I am not clever from the result there.  My idea is the render process has to be modified, but I don´t know exactly how.

Level 10

What error do you get in the log.

Error 040 is something wrong with the render service.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

I solved it somehow by mixing that Sample PDF Form process with other render components (Read Resource - Invoke that Render - Inject Bridge - Reader Extension - Assign). But still the form is not saving the data - if I place export+writeDoc after the assign (or another assign), it´s empty.

I am wondering about inDocData in the RenderPDFForm component, what should I place there. Maybe that´s the reason..

Level 10

inDocData should contain be the data you want to merge with the form template to populate the PDF.

Jasmin