Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Subject Gets Overridden

Former Community Member

In my form, I specify the 'submit' email address and subject, yet when I test, a different subject ("submitting completed form") populates my outgoing email.  I have the form set to manually collect responses, and my response file is on network server, as we do not have the Acrobat server.  I would like to be able to set up a Lotus Notes rule based on subject to file these collected responses, but need to ensure the subject will not change.  This is in Adobe LiveCycle, and I am a newbie.  Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3
10 Replies

Former Community Member

Found this link where I need to add to the button's click event, however my the click event is greyed out.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/8.2/LiveCycle_Designer_Scripting_Basics.pdf

What do I need to know about getting access to the click event?  Thanks!

Former Community Member

Switched my form to Flowable and thought it would help in this issue, but when I test my form, it's submit button has one email address, but when I complete the test and submit, it sends to the default email in my Adobe preferences.  How is this problem overcome?  Not finding how to edit the submit button beyond the object/field section, thanks.

Former Community Member

For info, I changed button from Email Submit to a plain button, and chose 'submit' for the control type, and was able to get the email worked out by using mailto: on the submit tab, though I don't see how to set the subject.  Anyone know of problems that switching to this type of button might cause or any examples of the best way to have the most control over 'submit' email address, subject line and possibly even body text, though email and subject would be a real blessing, thank you.

Correct answer by
Level 3

function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}

Former Community Member

Excellent, thank you.  Question - it appears there is a question mark after the mailto: email address, do I need to add that, and what is the reason so I will have a better understanding.  I appreciate the help so much, thank you.

Level 10

Yes you need it. It's just the way the mailto protocol works. You need to specify a '?' where you start with the parameters, and other parameters need to be separated by '&'.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Thank you, I think I'm with you now, but want to make sure I've got it ok.  Would that be like saying, we're done with the TO: information, next here is the SUBJECT information.

I'm thinking of when I use the SendObject in MS Access, for example, where commas separate the To, Cc, Bcc, Subject, etc. like this example:

DoCmd.SendObject  . . . .ObjectType, ObjectName, OutputFormat, To, Cc, Bcc, Subject, MessageText, etc. . .

Thank you!

Former Community Member

I must be missing something, sorry.  The email is coming up correct, but the subject says Form Returned: _23s1bb8i2c955co2l.pdf.  Here is how I've set the button.  Those are the results when I test in LiveCycle.  When I distribute the form and test/complete a distributed form, it reverts back to sending to the email default in my Adobe settings, and reverts to the default subject 'Submitting Completed Form'.  What am I doing wrong?  Thank you.

3-17-2010 9-00-30 AM.jpg

Level 10

Well, you need to tell it what parameter you're setting. How is it support that "Completed Contractor Prequal" goes in the subject?

Put mailto:aaaaa@bb.com?SUBJECT=Completed Contractor Prequal&CC=another_email@bbb.com&BCC=yet_another_email@ccc.com&BODY=someText.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Thank you for the clarification, I will do that.