Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Subform to be pinned into specific page

Level 2

hey all

i have a dynamic form with many subforms that retrieve data and be filled in runtime the issue is how to make one of subforms to pinned into specific page

it's about how to pinned subform into a specific page without moving during runtime.

thx

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Ok now I have the form and I see what you are trying to do. You have the First subform set as flowed and allowing page breaks. This means that as the content above the signature block grows it will push all content below it onto the next page. If we create two Master Pages .....the 1st one as you have but reduce the size of the content area (this is where flowed content goes) then put the signature block out side of that content area. Create a 2nd page that is exactly as the 1st without the signature block (making the contenat area the file size of the page) then we can assign the 1st Masper Page to Page 1 and on the pagination tab indicate that if the page needs to break continue on Page2. We also need to assignMasterPage2 to the 2nd Page of the form. I have updated your sample but it will not run properly (I cannot input any information so I hardcoded the Details subform to have 3 instances) for me because of the Arabic chars .....can you try it on your system and see if it works ...it works as far as I can tell on my system?

Paul

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Former Community Member

Not sure I follow. Can you describe your use case in more detail?

Paul

Level 2

look i attached the form with minimum subforms possible....

so the problem is in signature's subform i want it to not move to the next page but the pervious subform wich named premb can move knowing that the details subform is repeated subform according to runtime so it is repeated and it is moving the premb subform ......

knowing  that the signature's  subform shouldent be on master page because i want it only in first page at bottom..

Former Community Member

There is no attachment here ....you cannot simply put an attachment in the email. You must connect to the forum and add an attachment there.

Paul

Level 2

thank you again

but I attached my subform here in forum but there is an error

anyway I'll attache the form again hope you can get it

Oppps the same error again...

what can i do to attache my file....?

Former Community Member

The forum will only accept specific filetypes .....change the extension to txt and post it again (make sure you tell us what the real extension is).

Paul

Level 2

I changed the extension to txt. The original extension is xdp.

Thank You

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Ok now I have the form and I see what you are trying to do. You have the First subform set as flowed and allowing page breaks. This means that as the content above the signature block grows it will push all content below it onto the next page. If we create two Master Pages .....the 1st one as you have but reduce the size of the content area (this is where flowed content goes) then put the signature block out side of that content area. Create a 2nd page that is exactly as the 1st without the signature block (making the contenat area the file size of the page) then we can assign the 1st Masper Page to Page 1 and on the pagination tab indicate that if the page needs to break continue on Page2. We also need to assignMasterPage2 to the 2nd Page of the form. I have updated your sample but it will not run properly (I cannot input any information so I hardcoded the Details subform to have 3 instances) for me because of the Arabic chars .....can you try it on your system and see if it works ...it works as far as I can tell on my system?

Paul

Level 2

thank you very much man

you are very helpful

it worked man

but I face a little problem that the content of first page when repeated the signature block is appears again so i solve it by go to pagination tab and to if dataset must be overflow and change the overflow to 2nd master page.

so it worked fine

thanks again for your helpful instruction.....

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----