Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

how to script text field on master page to show total from detail

Former Community Member

I'm trying to get familiar with LiveCycle Designer and need to know how to have fields on the master page reflect detail totals for each page, then a master total at the end. This will be for print output only so I assume the script should run on the server, since I saw that option.

Another question: where can I find documentation for this so I can read other things myself? I have difficulty finding a path to what I need on the website. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

It can be done but it involves some level of scripting. I was going to create a sample for you but figured it woudl be easier just to use your form. If you provide I will put something together for you. make sure to incode a data file that I can work with.

If you want to try it on your own here is a post that describes it:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1360007#1360007

Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

It can be done but it involves some level of scripting. I was going to create a sample for you but figured it woudl be easier just to use your form. If you provide I will put something together for you. make sure to incode a data file that I can work with.

If you want to try it on your own here is a post that describes it:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1360007#1360007

Paul

Former Community Member

Thanks Paul. I really appreciate the assistance. I will view the link you gave me and go from there.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----