Expand my Community achievements bar.

Source for Flash 10 afcs.swc

Level 1

I'm debugging into the WebcamPublisher, and the source seems signifcantly different than the SWC.  I'm using Flash 10, how can we get the flash 10 source?

Thanks,

David

8 Replies

Former Community Member

We only provide flash 9 source and both 9 and 10 swc.

We will release player 10 source in coming releases and yes, player 10 and 9 code differs significantly in audio/camera.

The source and swc for player 9 shouldn't differ. Line 766 in player 9 source should be a comment before stop, but for 10 it should be different. What's the debugging error you are seeing?

I am quite positive that the versions are the same. Are you facing any issues because of this? If you link the player 9 source directly, you can do even without the swc for your debug.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 1

Thanks for getting back Hironmay. I ran into this issue because I'm trying to debug why I can't bring up a second camera in my app. I've made a copy of the WebCamera pod class and changed the DEFAULT_SHARED_ID (to default_ScreenShare2). The user may already be subscribing to the default camera for the room. I'm also overriding the _cameraPublisher.cameraNameIndex value to a specifically named camera.

When it's start the camera (thru the "Start My Camera" button), it opens a empty camera, but, opens the default camera (first one in the list of cameras) that I'm using in another part of the app. I've also tried setting the ID on the WebCamera, and it sets the default shared id to this also.

I've tried using groups, but, this requires you be a host of the room, apparently.

Thanks,

David

===

Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 18:50:59 -0700

To: davidbwelch@hotmail.com

Subject: Source for Flash 10 afcs.swc

We only provide flash 9 source and both 9 and 10 swc.

We will release player 10 source in coming releases and yes, player 10 and 9 code differs significantly in audio/camera.

The source and swc for player 9 shouldn't differ. Line 766 in player 9 source should be a comment before stop, but for 10 it should be different. What's the debugging error you are seeing?

I am quite positive that the versions are the same. Are you facing any issues because of this? If you link the player 9 source directly, you can do even without the swc for your debug.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

>

Former Community Member

Hi David,

As a publisher, you are only allowed to publish one camera stream and

one audio stream inside a roon unless you use the groups. And even you

use the group , you can be in communication with only users within

your group.

I'm trying to understand your use case because it's kind of unique.

Why you need two cameras streams for yourself.

Changing cameraIndex should let you select a particular camera but you

would still be able to publish only one stream. If selecting a

particular camera doesn't work, send me your code n I will take a look.

For groups, you are right that only a host can create/ remove a group.

He doesn't need to be always there and can promote someone with owner

permissions to manage groups. For every group, an user can publish a

camera/audio stream.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Sent from my iPhone

Level 1

Hi Hironmay:

To set the specific camera, I loop through the camera list (Camera.names), then find the index of the

specific camera, then set the property (_cameraPublisher.cameraNameIndex = "2") where 2 is the 3rd camera driver. In my code, I'm setting it in startWebCam().

Can the groups by dynamically created (while a user is already logged in)? Also, iff the room uses autoPromote, will that promote the group user to publisher?

Thanks,

David

===

Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 19:38:54 -0700

Hi David,

As a publisher, you are only allowed to publish one camera stream and

one audio stream inside a roon unless you use the groups. And even you

use the group , you can be in communication with only users within

your group.

I'm trying to understand your use case because it's kind of unique.

Why you need two cameras streams for yourself.

Changing cameraIndex should let you select a particular camera but you

would still be able to publish only one stream. If selecting a

particular camera doesn't work, send me your code n I will take a look.

For groups, you are right that only a host can create/ remove a group.

He doesn't need to be always there and can promote someone with owner

permissions to manage groups. For every group, an user can publish a

camera/audio stream.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Sent from my iPhone

>

Former Community Member

Hi David,

So is setting the cameraIndex not working ? You should set it before starting your camera i.e. before calling the publish function of webcamPublisher. We use this api in an App of ours and it works fine. Can you debug inside WebcamPublisher to see whether it executes Camera.getCamera(_cameraIndex) with your index value ? You should look into onStreamReceive function of WebcamPublisher. Are you using Mac OS ? It has some special logic for Mac OS inside that, so you might want to verify that.

Otherwise, send me a small test code that reproduces the behavior, I will verify whenever I get time.

Groups can be dynamically created and removed. StreamManager has API for that. Promoting users has no relation with the group and it will work as usual. The group creation and deletion in StreamManager is related to streams only. You can refer to the MultipleGroups example in examples folder of SDK to learn more about the group creation and usage.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 1

Hi Hironmay:

I could not get cameraIndex to work by just setting it manually using the same stream. And, I can't debug accurately into WebcamPublisher (remember, this is my initial post ) because I'm using Flash 10. (Looking forward to when you include this in the api!)

Since groups seems like a lot of work to just add another stream, I took a look at the code for StreamManager, and, there two other streams that are not used by AFCS (Screenshare and remote control) that I used by creating extending WebcamSubscribe and WebcamPublish to use one of these streams, and, it works perfectly! I can still use the same security, allow others to publish/subscribe to this other video feed, and still pub/sub to the main default feed.

I know that you might implement these in the future (which I doubt, given that it seems to be a more of a marketing decision, not a technical one), but, do you see any issues with this for now?

Thanks,

David

===

Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 23:34:12 -0700

Hi David,

So is setting the cameraIndex not working ? You should set it before starting your camera i.e. before calling the publish function of webcamPublisher. We use this api in an App of ours and it works fine. Can you debug inside WebcamPublisher to see whether it executes Camera.getCamera(_cameraIndex) with your index value ? You should look into onStreamReceive function of WebcamPublisher. Are you using Mac OS ? It has some special logic for Mac OS inside that, so you might want to verify that.

Otherwise, send me a small test code that reproduces the behavior, I will verify whenever I get time.

Groups can be dynamically created and removed. StreamManager has API for that. Promoting users has no relation with the group and it will work as usual. The group creation and deletion in StreamManager is related to streams only. You can refer to the MultipleGroups example in examples folder of SDK to learn more about the group creation and usage.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

>

Former Community Member

Hi,

If your work gets solved with them, you can use them. I don't see any issues with them now or near future.

Yes I can understand the need for player 10 source and we will try to get it at the earliest.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 1

Hironmay:

Great, thanks for your fast response...I love working with AFCS!

David

===

Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 10:07:48 -0700

Hi,

If your work gets solved with them, you can use them. I don't see any issues with them now or near future.

Yes I can understand the need for player 10 source and we will try to get it at the earliest.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

>