Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

So what are my alternatives to LiveCycle and Acrobat? It seems this doesn't meet my needs..

Level 3

Livecycle is a great program but it doesnt seem to do everything I need it to do. For instance I cant embed the livecycle forms into a website like I an with acroforms. The reason why I cant just convert it to a pdf and embed it is because I need it to be a xml form as well as I need it to behave in response to the end users inputs. for instance, if the end user selects something, I want the form to show a sub form based on that selection. although I can do this, I cant save it in a web browser like this, and thats a problem. My department needs ONE form  and it doesnt make sense to pay monthly costs or for servers or whatever. And we cant use acrobat.com as a means of accessing the information for security reasons. its just out of the question.

Another problem that I have is the fact that the form cant be edited and submitted again. What I mean by this is, lets say a user submits the form and the receiving department sees that something needs to be changed and requests the original sender to correct that and submit the form again. Well the only way to do that is to refill the form and resubmit it form the beginning. This needs to be a 'breathing' or 'living' form until it is final. This is a problem because these forms are about 20 pages long. Live cycle doesnt give the user to save the XML form without purchasing some other app or idk.

Like I said, were a small department in a company that refuses to give us money to do something more advanced. I am having difficulty getting them to approve the 297 for acrobat pro.

But with all that said, what are my other options for creating forms. something cheap that has advanced functionality.

Please help

0 Replies