Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Single Sign-On (SSO)

Level 2

Hi,

I'm new to SSO so i have questions about how to configure a SSO and use for LC ES2.

I want to start by achieving an auto login to either adminui or Right Management UI

In a senario as following:

- MS Active Directory with the domain: domaintest.local

- Added the domain in LC as an Enterprise Domain with ID: dmtest and Name: domaintest

- No issue login into LC adminui with AD user account

From here onwards, what are the things to do?

1. Can i use 'SSO using HTTP headers' in this case?

If yes, how do you get the value for below? is it self define or a reference from some where?

Http header for user's identifier:

HTTP header for domain:

Domain mapping:

2. Apart from configuration on the LC side, what other things i need to do or setup? (e.g. create a webservice which use to pass the HTTP headers?)

FYI, i've not done any for SSO.. i'm starting from blank.

Hope anyone can guide me on SSO or provide me a reference link for a full SSO setup.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

If you want to accomplish this you will have to use SPENEGO. The scenario you described does not use HHTP header so that will not work.

When you set up your enterprise directory you woudl choose Kerberos as your authentication method then choose the SPENEGO option at that time.

I have only done this once (quite some time ago) and I no longer have those machines available....so I cannot advise you beyond this.

Paul

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

If you want to accomplish this you will have to use SPENEGO. The scenario you described does not use HHTP header so that will not work.

When you set up your enterprise directory you woudl choose Kerberos as your authentication method then choose the SPENEGO option at that time.

I have only done this once (quite some time ago) and I no longer have those machines available....so I cannot advise you beyond this.

Paul

Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Check the below link i hope this will help you for enabling SSO in live cycle and  how to implement it using HTTP Headers

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/adminHelp/admin.htm?content=000047.html.

You will have to also enable SSO in your server(Where your application is deployed).

Level 2

Hi Paul,

Thanks for replying.

I will work on the SPENEGO for SSO in this case.

However, i would like to get some concept right about SSO.

1. 'SSO using HTTP headers' will only work when there is a 'third party' which get the login infomation and pass it to LC using HTTP headers.

For example, a web service which collect the AD user account info and pass the info as HTTP Headers to LC login page. LC will based on the value set      in LiveCycle Administration Console > Settings > User Management > Configuration > Configure Portal Attributes to verify the HTTP headers.

Am i correct?

Lionel

Level 2

Hi aks@lc,

I have read the guide before starting this discussion, but it somehow confuse me as i'm not sure where to get those value to key into those fields. And whether is it a direct communication between AD and LC, or it has to include a 'third party' to communicate in between.

Thanks for replying too.

Lionel

Former Community Member

The SSO will only work for LC applications (like adminui, workspace, Reader Extensions UI .....) It will not work with a web service that is made from a form or an LC process.

Paul

Former Community Member

Hi Mr Paul,

We have a requirement at work. We are trying to enable Single sign on with oracle portal and Adobe ES2. http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/adminHelp/admin.htm?content=000047.html Tried to use the http headers as mentioned in the adobe document and enable SSO. Java classes were used to add http headers to the request. But we were unable to login to the adobe ES2 environment. The headers added through java class was not working.

Could you provide the steps as to how to add the http headers and enable SSO for Live cycle ES2 with oracle portal.

Would really appreciate your response in this matter.

Thanks and regards,

Anu

Former Community Member

Hi All,

Finally found the solution to this SSO to adobe ES2 from oracle portal

Anu

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----