Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Show / Hide

Level 4

Attached is a document where I need to be able to hide text if the check box is selected.  I have been able to achieve this but if a person changes their mine (which is very much a possibility) and they decided to uncheck the box, the text doesn't reappear.

Can you please have a look at the scripting that I have done and let me know where I have gone wrong.

Thanks

Jen

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

A couple of things:

I would put the script in the click event and rather than work with ".isNull", I would refer to the objects value (on = 1 and off = 0).

Have a look at script in the click event. I have wrapped all the components in a subform and the script shows and hides this in a single line. Also I have suggested a script to give uer feedback to the checkbox. One other thing you could consider is making the tickbox presence set to "visible screen only" so that it doesn't come out in the printed version.

Hope this helps.

N.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

A couple of things:

I would put the script in the click event and rather than work with ".isNull", I would refer to the objects value (on = 1 and off = 0).

Have a look at script in the click event. I have wrapped all the components in a subform and the script shows and hides this in a single line. Also I have suggested a script to give uer feedback to the checkbox. One other thing you could consider is making the tickbox presence set to "visible screen only" so that it doesn't come out in the printed version.

Hope this helps.

N.