Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Disable "Distribute Form"

Level 1

Relative newbie here, I have developed an interactive pdf form using LiveCycle Designer.

When the form is opened in Acrobat, there is a purple bar at the top that says:

"Please fill out the following form.  If you are a form author, choose Distribute Form in the Forms menu to send it to your recipients"

This is a form which, when filled out, will have very confidential information in it and we would rather not have our inventors use this feature.

1. Is there a way to completely disable Distribute Form from the menu?

2. Alternatively, can I at least remove/hide this bar that directs them to go to the Forms/Distribute Form menu item?

3. Would also like to disable the "Clear Form" menu item.

4. On an unrelated note, when I use the app.menuExecItem("Save As");

is there a way to include a default file name for the Save As?

thanks in advance,

Brian

3 Replies

Level 1

Hi Brian

I've just come across your posting re the irritating 'Disable Form' bar.

I wondered if you ever worked out how to hide/disable this nuisance and if you would be kind enought to share it with me. I am working with Acrobat 9.

Best

George

Level 1

Nope sorry. Entire project (and a significant number hours of work on my part) was scrapped because of this.

And, yes, I AM still a little bitter about it

Sorry I can't help you, if you find any answers please let me know.

Thanks,

Brian

Level 1

Sorry that this is late Brian.

But I may have found a way to do it.

In your orignal form, go to File, then Properties.

Once there, select the Inital View Tab. After that in the UserInterface Options section click "Hide window controls"

This will disable the "purple bar" completely. You will then need to re-save and re-open the file and voila.

Edited to Add: Oh yeah, this is NOT an April Fools Joke - lol