Expand my Community achievements bar.

Sharing code between Flex and AIR versions using library project

Level 1

Hello everyone,

I'm developing an application that has both Flex and AIR versions. In order to share code between these apps, I created a library project and added all my code there. Now I've set the library project as a dependency for both Flex and AIR projects. Since there are some components that use the DataService object, I've added fds.swc and fds_rb.swc and fiber_rb.swc modules to the libs directory of the library project. No compile errors. Now, if I try to run my Flex application, I'm getting this error:

Variable mx.data::LocalStoreFactory is not defined.

I know that this error comes up when playerfds.swc is not present in the path. But that is not the case here. I have added playerfds.swc, fds.swc and related lib files to the build path.

If I go back and add the playerfds.swc file to the original library project, the error no longer appears. This is not a proper solution for me, since I need to share this project with AIR version also, and I cannot have both playerfds.swc and airfds.swc in the same project.. Has anyone faced an issue like this before?? What am I doing wrong??

0 Replies