Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Set Field's Content Fill Color

Level 3

I have a few text fields that I want to set the background, or fill color to a different color when the form opens.  I want these fields (not the captions) to stand out from the others, rather than making them required fields.

I tried this method with JavaScript in the field's initialize event, but the field only changes color when you enter the field.

Subform_Employee_Info.Table1.Row1.Name.ui.oneOfChild.border.fill.color.value = "0,200,0"; // green

I want the new fill color to show when the form opens.

How would I go about accomplishing this, and at the same time, making sure that the field color does not print?

Thanks!

(Using ES4)

25 Replies

Level 2

OK >> I solved it... SOLVED!!!!!

The video indicates that you have HIGHLIGHT Fields setting active in Adobe Acrobat Pro/Reader - if you switch this off you will get the behaviour you expect. I'm not sure you will be in love with this solution (as it is difficult to ensure other users will switch off this setting) but -- staying on topic -- if you test my form again after switching HIGHLIGHT Fields off in Adobe Acrobat Pro/Reader it should perform exactly as you intend (assuming I've finally interpreted your intentions correctly).

does it work now... YAYYYYY!

Level 3

Well....it does work...BUT, as you mentioned, there's no way to ensure that users will disable Highlight Fields.

Unfortunately, I can't use the solution.  It has to work without requiring the users to modify any settings.  They must be able to open the document and have it work without having to do anything else.

Oh well, I guess this one's going to have to go under the "Not Possible" column.

Level 2

there's always a way -- i think i stumbled across a solution (a 'workaround' really) -- it's late here so i'll attempt the solution tomorrow..

fingers crossed

Level 10

Ahh never thought of the highlighting , nice thinking...

Now that the problem has been found you can use other methods to help you do exactly as you want

If you want to make sure the highlighting fields is off, you can just use this line of code

Level 3

Magus,

The problem with this solution is that it will turn off field highlighting for ALL fields.  It may help with the fields I want to color, but all of the other fields will be white, confusing the user.

Also, turning off highlighting with my form will leave the user with this feature disabled.  I wouldn't want to mess with someone's environment and risk ticking them off.  I don't want to rely on them knowing how to re-enable highlighting.