Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

server to server "bad-instance" error while registerHook

Level 2

Hi LCCS Team,

I have tried server to server integration last day and got successful in setting up amf server and required endpoints for lccs.

while i was trying to register hook i got this error

com.adobe.rtc.util.RTCError: bad-instance      at com.adobe.rtc.account.AccountManager.checkStatus(AccountManager.java:907)      at com.adobe.rtc.account.AccountManager.subscribeCollection(AccountManager.java:470)      at com.adobe.rtc.account.AccountManager.subscribeCollection(AccountManager.java:453)    

i really have no idea where i went wrong.

this is the code i invoced

AccountManager am = new AccountManager("https://connectnow.acrobat.com/xxxxxxx/");

am.login("xxxx@xxx.com", "xxxxxx");

am.unregisterHook();

am.registerHook("<a real URL>", "12345"); //getting error at this point   

am.subscribeCollection("myAtulMeeting","JaiHOCollection");

i have dig in to lccs.jar source in  com.adobe.rtc.account.AccountManager.checkStatus(AccountManager.java:907)

but i am unable to find the cause, please suggest some pointers.

Thanks

Atul

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi ,

Is your string myAtulMeeting the roomName or any app name ? The first

parameter should be roomName and the second one should be name of the

collection. Secondly , does your collection JaiHOCollection exists ? If

not, you need to create and subscribe.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Bad instance makes me think you are using the wrong account URL. Are you by any chance using a full room URL or terminating the account URL with "/" ?

You can also set the debug flag in the java API and find exactly were is failing.

Sent from my iPhone

Level 2

Hi Raff,

Thanks for the reply.

i have checked with the room URL, and yes i terminated it with / , i corrected it.

In debug mode i got to know that registerHook is working fine, but the subscribeCollection is having  issues.

am.subscribeCollection("myAtulMeeting","JaiHOCollection");

while in debug mode i found that error happens when checkstatus call is made in subscribeCollection method,

in AccountManager class

inside checkStatus method

Element status = (Element) result.getElementsByTagName("status").item(0);

String code = status.getAttribute("code"); //code gets the "error" as string

Any  thing else i am missing ?

Thank You

Atul

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi ,

Is your string myAtulMeeting the roomName or any app name ? The first

parameter should be roomName and the second one should be name of the

collection. Secondly , does your collection JaiHOCollection exists ? If

not, you need to create and subscribe.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 2

Hi Hironmay,

OH NO!!

I was doing a dumb thing, have never created that room and collectionnode where i was subscribing.

created room and collection node from server apis and subscribed to it.

Now its working smooth.

Thanks hironmay, i highly appreciate your reply, inspite of being a dam trivial nature problem you entertained it.

Thank You , It saved my day!!

Atul

Level 1

How do you set the debug flag in the java api?

Employee

com.adobe.rtc.utils.Util.setDebug(true);

or

com.adobe.rtc.utils.Util.DEBUG = true;

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----