Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Send mail task

Level 2

Hello!

I'm trying to set up a send mail task, but even after setting the taks properties or/and the server settings (SMTP server, e-mail address), I still get the following error message:

Failed to connect to email server: null. Reason: Could not connect to SMTP host: localhost, port: 25: com.adobe.idp.dsc.email.ConnectionFailedException: Failed to connect to email server: null. Reason: Could not connect to SMTP host: localhost, port: 25

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

10 Replies

Former Community Member

The error message from the SendMail service indicates that you are trying to connect to an email server on the same box as your LiveCycle server...hence the error against localhost.SMTP uses port 25  by default.

Do you have your email server with SMTP set up on your LiveCycle server?

Diana

Former Community Member

Sorry, not your LC server...I meant your Workbench install.

Do you have an email server on the same box as your Workbench install?

Level 2

Yes,

I configured my SMTP server on the LiveCycle server and in send mail task properties.

But before I had only configured the SMTP server on the LiveCycle server but got the same error message.

Thanks for your help!

Level 2

About your second post, no I do not have a e-mail server on the same computer where is installed Workbench.

Thanks!

Former Community Member

That's what the problem is. You are using the SendMail service in Workbench and saying that your SMTP server is localhost.

However you just said that your email server is installed on your LiveCycle Server.

The SMTP Host name has to be set to the name of your box where your email server is installed.

Diana

Level 2

Hello Diana,

My server e-mail is on an external provider. Where do I configure Sendmail server in Workbench?

Thanks for your help!

Former Community Member

I think we are having some issues with terminology which is causing confusion!

In your first post, you said you were "trying to set up a send mail task".

I think I wrongly assumed you meant that in Workbench you were setting up the Email with Document service.

Is that what you are doing?

Or are you trying to set up your LC server to send email notifications when users are assigned a task?

(Adminui->Process Mgmt->Server Settings->Email Settings)

If it's the second, is your external provider gmail?

If so, you can try using:

SMTP Host: smtp.gmail.com

Port: 587 (They use SSL)

Diana

Level 2

Ok, let's go. I'm trying to use the service Send With Document, which is located in Foudantion> E-mail 1.0 (what I called the send mail task, I'm sorry for the wrong terminology).

I am developing a small application in the ES2 that from a form filled in, send an e-mail with the PDF form attached.

Then I configured the LiveCycle Server (Services> ES2 LiveCycle Process Management> Server Settings> Email Settings) to my SMTP server that is located in an external provider.

I conducted the first test of the application and got the following error message:

Failed to connect to email server: null. Reason: Could not connect to SMTP host: localhost, port: 25: com.adobe.idp.dsc.email.ConnectionFailedException: Failed to connect to email server: null. Reason: Could not connect to SMTP host: localhost, port: 25

After that, I set the properties of the Send With Document service with my SMTP server settings, and realized a new test, but kept getting the same error message.

Even after the settings, the service Send With Document continues trying to send emails to the SMTP localhost.

This is my problem.

Again, sorry about the wrong terminology and thanks for all your help!

Former Community Member

If you are using Send with Document, you do not need to configure your email settings in  (Services> ES2 LiveCycle Process Management> Server Settings> Email Settings). These Email Settings are for sending task assignment notifications for Workspace users.

Instead, configure the settings on the "Connection Settings" tab of the Send with Document service. (NOTE: You will not see this tab unless you choose the "All" button at the top of the properties sheet).

Uncheck "Use Global Settings" and fill in the SMTP information on that tab.

If Gmail those settings are probably:

SMTP Host: smtp.gmail.com

SMTP Port Number: 587

Check the box  for SMTP Authentication.

SMTP User: your email address

SMTP Password: your password

SMTP Transport security: SSL

Hope this helps!

Diana

Level 2

Now it worked! I was forgetting to perform the application deployment after inserting new Services.

Thanks a lot!