Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Search for tasks that belong to running process instances

Former Community Member

Hi, I am trying to search for tasks that belong to running process instance by using the follwoing code:

ServiceClientFactory myFactory = ServiceClientFactory.createInstance(connectionProps);
     TaskManagerQueryService queryManager = TaskManagerClientFactory.getQueryManager(myFactory);

TaskSearchFilter filter = new TaskSearchFilter();
     filter.setServiceName(serviceName);
     filter.addCondition(TaskSearchingConstants.pPROCESS_INSTANCE_STATUS, Operator.EQUALS, JobStatus.JOB_STATUS_RUNNING);

filter.setAdminIgnoreAllAcls(true);

List<TaskRow> result = queryManager.taskSearch(filter);

It returns no results while I search it via adminui I found a few running process instance. I tried to comment out the line addCondition, then it returns all tasks, and I found that when I retrieve the taskinfo by taskinfo.getProcessInstanceStatus(), it return -1 for all tasks.

My question is how can I set the condition to search the tasks belong to running process instance? Thanks.

3 Replies

Former Community Member

I have been away on vacation ......do you get an answer for this query?

Paul

Former Community Member

Now I've created a variable storing the process status, and then search by the variable instead of using the TaskSearchingConstants.

Former Community Member

You have to use:

filter.addCondition(TaskSearchingConstants.pPROCESS_INSTANCE_STATUS, Operator.EQUALS, ProcessInstanceRow.STATUS_RUNNING);