Expand my Community achievements bar.

Search for tasks that belong to running process instances

Former Community Member

Hi, I am trying to search for tasks that belong to running process instance by using the follwoing code:

ServiceClientFactory myFactory = ServiceClientFactory.createInstance(connectionProps);
     TaskManagerQueryService queryManager = TaskManagerClientFactory.getQueryManager(myFactory);

TaskSearchFilter filter = new TaskSearchFilter();
     filter.setServiceName(serviceName);
     filter.addCondition(TaskSearchingConstants.pPROCESS_INSTANCE_STATUS, Operator.EQUALS, JobStatus.JOB_STATUS_RUNNING);

filter.setAdminIgnoreAllAcls(true);

List<TaskRow> result = queryManager.taskSearch(filter);

It returns no results while I search it via adminui I found a few running process instance. I tried to comment out the line addCondition, then it returns all tasks, and I found that when I retrieve the taskinfo by taskinfo.getProcessInstanceStatus(), it return -1 for all tasks.

My question is how can I set the condition to search the tasks belong to running process instance? Thanks.

3 Replies

Former Community Member

I have been away on vacation ......do you get an answer for this query?

Paul

Former Community Member

Now I've created a variable storing the process status, and then search by the variable instead of using the TaskSearchingConstants.

Former Community Member

You have to use:

filter.addCondition(TaskSearchingConstants.pPROCESS_INSTANCE_STATUS, Operator.EQUALS, ProcessInstanceRow.STATUS_RUNNING);