Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Search Filter Inadequacy

Level 2

I have noticed that using the API filter to search for principals is not all that great. Is there a better way to search for users and groups within livecycle that will yeild more accurate results?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

The PrincipalSearchFilter (and all other user management filters) expose following function -

public void setResultsMax(int resultsMax)

you may set the value to get results beyond default value of 10.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 2

Apparently the search will only return 10 results (which is why I wasn't finding all the users/groups with the consistency that I wanted to).

Is there a way to change the number of results that is returned? I know in the adminui it will return more users... There must be a way.

Level 10

Take a look at the Find User service within Foundation.

Jasmin

Level 2

Ok... But how does that help me with finding items with the API. I am pretty certain the foundation is using the same method calls that I am doing. Unless you have any insight that I do not?

Correct answer by
Level 1

The PrincipalSearchFilter (and all other user management filters) expose following function -

public void setResultsMax(int resultsMax)

you may set the value to get results beyond default value of 10.

Level 2

Thanks. I can't believe I missed this one.