Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

sdk not working

Former Community Member

Hi!

First i want to say that u are doing a nice work here!

Ok, i need some help... i'm runing win7, flex 4.1, so my test app from your tutorial isn't showing

in browser ...

1. only fp9 swc shows no errors but still there's nothing in browser

2. fp 10,10.1 throws errors like - GroupSpecifier not a compile time constant

and lccs.swc design mode could not load incompatible with sdk

i've tryed in many diferent configurations but always ending with same problem

can u help me?

best regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Can you give us more details of what error you are getting now and exactly what version of FlashBuilder and the LCCS SDK you are using ?

I have seen problems similar to what you describe but I think they were related to me mixing up projects between FlashBuilder 4.5 (super beta and still quite unstable) and FlasBuilder 4.1.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Employee

With the player 10 and 10.1 swcs you need to make sure FlashBuilder is configured to generate code for FlashPlayer 10.

The difference between player 9 and 10.x is support for p2p. The player exposes new objects and properties (like the GroupSpecifiers) and our SWC makes use of them.

If your project is configured to generate code for player 9 these new objects are not exposed and you'll get compile errors.

Former Community Member

ok !

u pointed us on something else ..... sdk in flex except original 4 and 3 are not working good. So we couldn't find out why

cause we are beating time , ok  flex started to work fine only when we instaled "super clean" new flash builder, and then

when we started to try with lccs ...and hero again same problem. on another machine with 32 bit xp everything is working just fine

with no problems but we can not start it with this one ( win7, 64bit) Flash Builder can't load swcs in design mode...

please more help !!!!

best regards

Former Community Member

hi again

ok .. i mentioned that the other machine is working ...well

everything was working perfectly and one simple app is running...

i shut down that comp, didn't used it till now... when i started it

today with that app open (only one in proj menager) i've got

same mistakes like on other machine, when i tryed to run it it was working fine

(even with errors shown) when i've tryed to change some code compiler is down.

now i can't do anything ( first app is still running standalone) and playerglobal

doesn't help...

maybe this will help u more

Former Community Member

(I'm posting here manually, since my email to the forums seems to not be working... Sorry if this is a double-post)

Unfortunately, Flash Builder design mode has been a moving target for us (essentially, you know how we have 6 different swcs today? In order to support various FB design modes, we would have to support 9 or more different swcs!). We've had to make the decision to de-prioritize design mode support.

Apologies if this really interferes with your development, but for most project past a basic level of complexity, we've found that design mode tends not to be terribly useful for any kind of project.

for the record, statements like "please more help!!" are frowned upon in these parts. We're doing as much as we possibly can, so demanding in this way tends to be taken as a little selfish.

cheers,

nigel

Former Community Member

thanks for fast reply,

first of all i have only nice words for your work here and nothing else,

the problem is not design mode ( maybe i was not clear enough, my english problems )

i've just tried to explain what was happening thru thease days on my machines,

we have done that first simple app and it is working with no problem, but later

we are having problems and we can not compile anything....

we are in time trouble, but ok we will fix the problem like everything else...

and sorry if i've offendid u with "please more help" in my parts that is just a nice manner, nothing else

cheers

sam

Former Community Member

Unfortunately, Flash Builder design mode has been a moving target for us

(essentially, you know how we have 6 different swcs today? In order to

support various FB design modes, we would have to support 9 or more

different swcs!). We've had to make the decision to de-prioritize design

mode support. Apologies if this really interferes with your development, but

for most project past a basic level of complexity, we've found that design

mode tends not to be terribly useful for any kind of project.

for the record, statements like "please more help!!" are frowned upon in

these parts. We're doing as much as we possibly can, so demanding in this

way tends to be taken as a little selfish.

cheers,

nigel

Correct answer by
Employee

Can you give us more details of what error you are getting now and exactly what version of FlashBuilder and the LCCS SDK you are using ?

I have seen problems similar to what you describe but I think they were related to me mixing up projects between FlashBuilder 4.5 (super beta and still quite unstable) and FlasBuilder 4.1.

Former Community Member

hi Raff

i've had a few errors but the latest is : ...not load lccs.swc ... incompatible with this sdk or invalid . I'm using Flash Builder 4 sdk and targeting player 10

( i have tryed with 3.5 ,4,1 and 4.5 and targeting players 10, 10.1) like i told u before first time i tryed new project everything was perfect but then when i tryed 2nd project i could not start it to work . ok  here while i was writing this my frend find out that we had problems with java and memory on these machines,

he fixed first one and we will try to repair this one. thanks for fast replys and keep up the good work, u have done wonders for the people here