Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Scroll within a subform

Level 2

Hi All,

I need to add rows to a subform dynamically but they should not break on a new page rather scroll within the subform. Is it possible?

Also can you do popup's in a pdf, say we have to show summary data (totals etc) in a small window just like you would do in html using javascript.

I really need to have rows scroll in a subform w/o going to new page, I need to do it fast please advice.

Thanks

Manoj

3 Replies

Level 6

Hi,

I did'n saw sauch kinf of possibily as subform scrooll, i think it not possible to implement.

You can call pop-up by:

1) xfa.host.messageBox("some tex") - it should work for FormCalc and Javascript

2) app.alert("test") - Javascript  only

BR,

Paul Butenko

Level 10

Hi,

I think the only way you could get this to work is to script it so that if the paage is full, the top row is deleted before the new row is added.

You would need to work out the maximum number of rows the page can hold. Then set up an if statement on the click event of the addRow button.

Using instanceManager.count you can first check the number of rows already on the form. If this is less than the maximum then add row [instanceManager.addInstance]. If the number of rows is at the maximum, then the if statement would delete the first row [instanceManager.removeInstance(1)], before adding the new one. This means that the data in the first row is lost, which is probably not ideal.

Good luck,

N.

Level 4

You could code it and simulate the scrolling effect, but it is a nightmare.

XFA.forms weren't made to support this kind of coding and it will make you form very slow and extremely heavy (mem wise) in office/entry-level pcs.

Basicly all you need is 2 buttons (up and down), a array to store the info of the table, marshing and unmarshing functions and the state managing information in order to control what is visible and what is not, but i would advise against this.

Does Xfa.forms support this? No.

Is it possible to code? Yes.

Is it viable? No.