Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Script doesnt work

Former Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to hide a table on a button click. I wrote the following FormCalc code in the event Click of the button. But it doesnt work.

form1.purchaseOrder.main[*].presence = "hidden"

main is the table in the subform purchaseOrder.

(button and the table are in different subforms)

I opened a sample tutorial and pasted the same code. It works there, but not in my new form. I checked both the subform settings, they are same.

Am I missing something? Please advise.

Charli

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Charli,

First, the form should be saved as a dynamic form to enable visibility changes to objects. Second, something got messed up with the table definition. I deleted your table and re-added a default table at the same position and the table now becomes hidden when you click the button.

I replied to your email with the updated form.

Steve

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Former Community Member

Try

form1.purchaseOrder.main.presence = "hidden"

Steve

Former Community Member

Charli,

Send me the form at stwalker.adobe@gmail.com and I will take a look.

Steve

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Charli,

First, the form should be saved as a dynamic form to enable visibility changes to objects. Second, something got messed up with the table definition. I deleted your table and re-added a default table at the same position and the table now becomes hidden when you click the button.

I replied to your email with the updated form.

Steve

Former Community Member

Thanks for your quick solution Steve. The problem is I am not saving the form as "Dynamic". Thank you very much.

Charli.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----