Expand my Community achievements bar.

Screenshare questions

Level 2

I am new to LCCS and have limited Flash skills but have read through the developer docs and built

a few apps based on the sample apps provided. I have some questions that I have been unable to

solve for.

1.) There are some bugs in screenshare (as already noted elsewhere in this forum).

Is there an ETA for a more stable build and how will it be delivered?

2.) When a client wants to use screenshare, the incremental Adobe Connect code is downloaded

to the user's machine. Is there any way to automate this without asking the user to give

permission? If not, is there a way to change the visual experience that would trigger the download?

3.) When invoking the screenshare functionality within the code, is there more control available

on which elements to display in the user experience. Example: One screenshare publish, the

user sees a screen where he has to select among options (desktop, application, window). Is there

a way to control this experience and display limited choices to the user? I'd like screenshare

publisher to only broadcast web browser windows that contain sessions with a certain domain in

them. Is there any way of making that happen? My challenge with screenshare right now is that

it is very intrusive (even if you give user's the choice on what to share).

4.) Lastly, I have noticed that it can take a few seconds (sometimes 10+) before the flash file shows

the start/stop elements for screenshare (publisher view) and even more time before the user sees

his options on what to share. Is this delay expected behavior? Is there a way to use P2P for

screenshare?

Thanks in advance for helping me in answering these questions.

Michael

1 Reply

Employee

1) we don't have an ETA for resolving the screen sharing bugs, because we currently are not able to reproduce them. Most of you guys seems to have problem with Windows 7 64bits and we have to confess that we didn't tested screenshare on that platform very much, but we'll give priority to this. Again, if you have problems please send us the log files as described in a previous post and as much info as you can about your environment and the problem you are having (i.e. it happens all the time, only sometimes, in particular circumstances)

2) no. The adding uses the same method used to automatically update the FlashPlayer and everything in that phase is controlled by the FlashPlayer itself.

3) currently no, but we have been asked about this feature. We just need to prioritize it correctly.

4a) it's very strange that it takes so long to start the screensharing. This is not something we have noticed in our tests but we'll see what we can do. Just out of curiosity, what version of the LCCS swc are you using ? ( for player 9, 10, 10.1 ) and does it take long to start your LCCS session without screensharing ? (also, if you are running FlashPlayer 10 or higher, are you getting connected using rtmps or rtmpfp ? - again, sending the logs will answer those questions 2)

4b) currently we can't run screenshare in p2p mode because the addin doesn't support rtmfp, required for p2p. we will get an update plugin at some point but right now we don't have an ETA.