Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Save in Adobe reader

Level 3

I'v maded one form in Adobe Livecycle and it evrithing functions perfect.

I need the form, that one person can fill, then save and send to other person then the other can fill the rest.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

If you need to pass on the files to a limited set of users Or it's not an enterprise level use case, you can simply use Acrobat 11 instead of LiveCycle. Here are steps to do that:

1) Open your pdf file in Acrobat 11.

2) Save the file through "Save As Other"-->"Reader Extended PDF"-->"Enable More Tools".

3) Distribute this file to your clients.

4) Your clients can now enter data in the form and save it through Adobe Reader.

Yes, this would work. Try it out.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Employee

You can save the form as PDF and use Livecycle Reader Extensions to apply RE rights to it. This will enable the use case. Refer to section "How it Works " on http://www.adobe.com/sea/products/server/readerextensions/overview.html for more information.

Level 3

Ok,

I know that i can to that with Livecycle Reader Extensions, but can I do in other way?

Employee

What's your usecase? and are there any problems using Reader Extensions?

Level 3

I don't know how to use. Where to use, where to downlad.

I know because I was reading that it can function with Reader Extensions but i don't know how?

Employee

What is the number of target audience whom you would send those files?

If the number of people whom you share the document with is less than 500 and if you have very less number of such forms then you can actually use this functionality in Adobe Acrobat.

If you are trying to do this on a large scale for an enterprise - with lot of such forms , which will be sent to more than 500 users and if you have an end-to-end workflow like approval etc.,. you could go with LiveCycle.

You can go through my blog http://blogs.adobe.com/santosh/2013/03/24/adobe-livecycle-es4-is-now-ga/#.UXefYLVnr88 about overview of latest LiveCycle ES4 release

It has links to trial download - You can also obtain trial Reader Extension credential during your development phase

--Santosh

http://about.me/nskumar

Level 3

Ok, Thank you very much.

I'v tried now with Adobe XL Pro I can save that and it is working very good.
But then I must to buy that for evry client and it is too expensive.
That's why I wanted to find form that I make then all my client's can save then send to other guy he will fill the rest.
Thank you again

Employee

You need to use Acrobat to apply the rights and distribute the file to your clients. Your clients can use the free Adobe reader to fill data , save that [Reader Extended] file and pass it on.

Level 3

I'v haved Adobe live cycle es3, Now I'v downloaded adobe live cycle es4.

Can you explain me how can I make that?

And are you sure that when I make once it will work on free Adobe reader?

Thank you.

Correct answer by
Employee

If you need to pass on the files to a limited set of users Or it's not an enterprise level use case, you can simply use Acrobat 11 instead of LiveCycle. Here are steps to do that:

1) Open your pdf file in Acrobat 11.

2) Save the file through "Save As Other"-->"Reader Extended PDF"-->"Enable More Tools".

3) Distribute this file to your clients.

4) Your clients can now enter data in the form and save it through Adobe Reader.

Yes, this would work. Try it out.

Level 3

Thank you very much work's perfect