Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Resetting window position?

Level 7

If I run Enterprise Cafe (AIR) on a dual-monitor setup and move the GUI to the 2nd monitor (non-primary) on Windows, then remove the 2nd monitor (its a laptop) - there is no way to display the GUI or even reset its position.

How do I reset the window back to use the 1st monitor?

thanks,.

4 Replies

Employee

Please quit the app and restart it. Did that work for you?

Cheers – Marc.

Level 7

No - the laptop has been rebooted fully quite a few times since i had the 2nd monitor attached.  I can actually see the window animation go to where the 2nd screen would be if it was still there.

Where are the window settings stored?

Level 7

Ok found it -  on windows 7:

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\EnterpriseCafe.E7BED6E5DDA59983786DD72EBFA46B1598278E07.1\Local Store

[preferences.xml]

<preference name="appPositionX" value="2368"/>

<preference name="appPositionY" value="99"/>

Reset these, save the file and its back in position.

Be great to have a way to do this from the Taskbar context menu. Or even better check Screen.bounds on startup and reset if its not inside the bounding rectangle.

Level 1

If you lost your dialog windows on a multi-screen setup (typicaly a dialog window is out of frame in a disabled or turned of screen) : disable the second / tird screen temporarily, close application, launch application. All dialog windows are reset to their default position in the single screen. Re-enable second / third screen.