Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Regular / Execute buttons | Keyboard Access for mouseUp action?

Level 2

AME Forms Designer/LiveCycle Designer question:

Is it possible to add keyboard access to trigger the 'Mouse Up' action for Regular or Execute buttons?

For submit button, I can use Tab key to navigate to the button, then press Enter/Return to trigger the button action.

However for other buttons this doesn't seem to work?

Is this something that can be scripted in?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Cari,

The mouseUp and mouseDown event triggers don't have a key equivalent bound to them, but the click event does.

If you move your script from the mouseUp to the click event it should then trigger with the Enter/Return key when it gets focus (e.g. from tabbing to it).

I've attached a simple example showing how it is ignored on mouseDown and mouseUp but triggered on click.

Hope this answers your question.

Richard

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Cari,

The mouseUp and mouseDown event triggers don't have a key equivalent bound to them, but the click event does.

If you move your script from the mouseUp to the click event it should then trigger with the Enter/Return key when it gets focus (e.g. from tabbing to it).

I've attached a simple example showing how it is ignored on mouseDown and mouseUp but triggered on click.

Hope this answers your question.

Richard

Level 2

Awesome. Thanks so much!  Worked beautifully.

User can now:

Tab across to button, press Cmd+Return/Ctrl+Enter to trigger the button.