Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Reference xdc file in process

Level 2

Hi all,

I need to use a custom XDC for a generatePrintedOutput component.

I imported a sample xdc file (hppcl5e.xdc) into my application in Workbench and i changed it with XDC editor (I also changed the name of the file in test.xdc).

Now in the generatePrintedOutput component, option XDC URI i set the type to literal value and insert the value test.xdc, but nothing append.

I tried to reflect the application structure (i have a res folder with my xdc file), but no good.

In jboss server.log i have this error line

ERROR [com.adobe.livecycle.formsservice.exception.FormServerException] (http-0.0.0.0-8080-2) ALC-OUT-002-006: URI not found: URI = Res/test.xdc Cause: URI = Res\test.xdc (Impossibile trovare il percorso specificato)

If i copy this xdc in a custom folder into livecycle server, and in XDC URI i write the full path (example E:\custom_folder\test.xdc), I get the expected result.

At this point my question is: how can i reference custom xdc file that resides into my application? Is it possible?

Thank in advance,

Mauro

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

No, it won't work other way.

-Wasil

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

I already seen that link.

I tried to check-in the xdc file (right-click -> Check In) but I can't reference the "asset" in process (generatePrintedOutput activity), and in jboss server.log I have this error line:

ERROR [com.adobe.livecycle.formsservice.exception.FormServerException] (http-0.0.0.0-8080-2) ALC-OUT-002-006: URI not found: URI = Res/test.xdc Cause: URI = Res\test.xdc (Impossibile trovare il percorso specificato)

However the process is completed.

But if I copy xdc file into a location on LiveCycle server, and in generatePrintedOutput activity I write the full path for xdc file, I get the expected result.

I was just wondering if there is a way to reference a "xdc file" asset in generatePrintedOutput activity, as well as "xci file" asset.

Thanks,

Mauro

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

No, it won't work other way.

-Wasil

Level 2

So, it only work if I put somewhere in the LiveCycle server filesystem the xdc file and I specified the full path in generatePrintedOutput.

It is strange that I must import the xdc file into workbench (and in the application) for editing and once I'm done editing, I must "export" xdc outside application and copy it back to LiveCycle server.

OK, thank for your clarification.

Mauro