Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Reference xdc file in process

Level 2

Hi all,

I need to use a custom XDC for a generatePrintedOutput component.

I imported a sample xdc file (hppcl5e.xdc) into my application in Workbench and i changed it with XDC editor (I also changed the name of the file in test.xdc).

Now in the generatePrintedOutput component, option XDC URI i set the type to literal value and insert the value test.xdc, but nothing append.

I tried to reflect the application structure (i have a res folder with my xdc file), but no good.

In jboss server.log i have this error line

ERROR [com.adobe.livecycle.formsservice.exception.FormServerException] (http-0.0.0.0-8080-2) ALC-OUT-002-006: URI not found: URI = Res/test.xdc Cause: URI = Res\test.xdc (Impossibile trovare il percorso specificato)

If i copy this xdc in a custom folder into livecycle server, and in XDC URI i write the full path (example E:\custom_folder\test.xdc), I get the expected result.

At this point my question is: how can i reference custom xdc file that resides into my application? Is it possible?

Thank in advance,

Mauro

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

No, it won't work other way.

-Wasil

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

I already seen that link.

I tried to check-in the xdc file (right-click -> Check In) but I can't reference the "asset" in process (generatePrintedOutput activity), and in jboss server.log I have this error line:

ERROR [com.adobe.livecycle.formsservice.exception.FormServerException] (http-0.0.0.0-8080-2) ALC-OUT-002-006: URI not found: URI = Res/test.xdc Cause: URI = Res\test.xdc (Impossibile trovare il percorso specificato)

However the process is completed.

But if I copy xdc file into a location on LiveCycle server, and in generatePrintedOutput activity I write the full path for xdc file, I get the expected result.

I was just wondering if there is a way to reference a "xdc file" asset in generatePrintedOutput activity, as well as "xci file" asset.

Thanks,

Mauro

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

No, it won't work other way.

-Wasil

Level 2

So, it only work if I put somewhere in the LiveCycle server filesystem the xdc file and I specified the full path in generatePrintedOutput.

It is strange that I must import the xdc file into workbench (and in the application) for editing and once I'm done editing, I must "export" xdc outside application and copy it back to LiveCycle server.

OK, thank for your clarification.

Mauro