Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

RE: Room Limit

Level 1

Quick questions: Is there a limit on room numbers? In other words, what is the maximum rooms you can have?

I need to know this because I'm creating a VOIP app that would have multiple rooms (or connections) and was wondering if LCCS has limits on connections.

3 Replies

Employee

Currently there is no limit on the rooms you can create and there is no limit on the rooms that can be run concurrently.

LCCS has a limit on connection but rooms are spread among all the available servers independently on their account and the servers are tuned to support a large number of small rooms.

Level 2

Can you clarify "LCCS has a limit on connection"? What is the limit? I saw an early post concerning a limit on the number of concurrent users per account, but I also saw a post saying that user limits were removed post-Beta.

Thanks

Employee

What I meant is that there is a limit on how many connections (sockets) you can have open on a single server, and a single room cannot span to multiple servers so in that sense you cannot have rooms with an unlimited number of client connected. But other than that we don't artificially limit the number of concurrent users connected to a room.