Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

rawValue from multiple text fields

Level 1

Using LiveCycle Designer ES3.

I have a form created that the user enters client information in, once that info is entered I am trying to get a contract to populate on the following page.

These are the text field names on page 1:

rsalutation

rfirstname

rlastname

On page 2:

Here is what I have now that is currently not populating any result:

this.rawValue = page1.rsalutation.rawvalue + "_" page1.rfirstname.rawvalue + "_" page1.rlastname.rawvalue;

I'm very new at working with JavaScript so please excuse me if I made some type of obvious mistake.  I've tried about 20 different ways of writing this script but nothing has worked.  Also, if it makes a difference the text field with this calculation in it is autoexpanding from here http://forms.stefcameron.com/samples/ExpandFitEntireValue.pdf.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Naturally this is no problem. I think your path to the fields have to be wrong.

Could you insert a screenshot from your formular?

Now I have seen you forgot one "+" and your syntax is wrong (V instaed of v by rawValue)

wrong:

this.rawValue = page1.rsalutation.rawvalue + "_" page1.rfirstname.rawvalue + "_" page1.rlastname.rawvalue;

right (when your path is right)

this.rawValue = page1.rsalutation.rawValue + "_" + page1.rfirstname.rawValue + "_" + page1.rlastname.rawValue;

If the script dont works please check the next.

In the menatime you can try the following:

1. insert the path NOT manually.
  2. Click with the cursor after this.rawValue = |
  3. Then click the STRG (CTRL)  and to the same time with the mous in the first field (rsalutation)
  4. The mouse will be a "V" and insert the right path.

Kind regards Mandy

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Naturally this is no problem. I think your path to the fields have to be wrong.

Could you insert a screenshot from your formular?

Now I have seen you forgot one "+" and your syntax is wrong (V instaed of v by rawValue)

wrong:

right (when your path is right)

this.rawValue = page1.rsalutation.rawValue + "_" + page1.rfirstname.rawValue + "_" + page1.rlastname.rawValue;

If the script dont works please check the next.

In the menatime you can try the following:

1. insert the path NOT manually.
  2. Click with the cursor after this.rawValue = |
  3. Then click the STRG (CTRL)  and to the same time with the mous in the first field (rsalutation)
  4. The mouse will be a "V" and insert the right path.

Kind regards Mandy

Level 1

Thanks, that did the trick!  I actually retyped the script here but I did notice that I did have a 'rawvalue' vs 'rawValue'.  That and adding the missing + gave me what i needed.  I'm an html guy so JavaScript is like spanish (Or Arabic for that matter) Thanks again!