Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

"UserServiceImpl:createTaskFromDialogProperties() Exception "-Please help

Former Community Member

.I have created one process and i have assigned one pdf form to one user.when i record the process am getting an like-----"UserServiceImpl:createTaskFromDialogProperties() Exception - you have attempted to provide Form input of an invalid type, only com.adobe.ipd.Document or com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.form.FormInstance types are supported.  Type attempted was:  class org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredElementImpl

.can anyone tell that what is the exact reason behind this error as there is no errors in my schema.

7 Replies

Level 10

The form variable that contains the form need to be of type Document (com.adobe.idp.Document) or xfaForm ( com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.form.FormInstance).

It looks like you're trying to specify a different data type (org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredElementImpl)

Jasmin

Former Community Member

I already declared the form variable as xfa form but still the same error message is displaying.I saved all the forms as pdf instead of xdpand kept it in the resource repository folder.Will that be a problem?

Level 10

I don't think that's going to make any difference. It's complaining about the data type for the input form. Are you sure you get this error on the User step?

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Actually my process gets start when a user fills the form and send it through email.In the workflow design i started with the service   set value to populate the form.den i made route with the user having the service assign task.when it comes to user the error message is displaying...in the populate form step i bind the xml data to the form which is neede for the assign task user.

Former Community Member

ctActually i have declared two variable for my prcess.One is for schema and another is for the input form.The data type for both vriables are Xfaform.do i need to declare the schema variable as xml?

Level 10

The xfaForm form variable should ONLY contain form data.

You can put the schema in an XML variable but I'm not sure why you would want to do that.

Do you really want to populate that variable with the xsd content?

Usually an xml variable will containt xml data. You can define a schema to define the strucuture of you xml.   Just select the Import Asset option in the variable properties to use your schema to define the xml structure.

Jasmin