Expand my Community achievements bar.

"[FieldName] validate failed." in dynamic form with no validation

Level 2

This error message has me baffled. I have read the other discussion, which talks about the error being triggered by digital signature fields,but this situation does not apply to my form/error.

I have a few date fields in this form, and three of them are interacting with this error.

• EventDate
  • EventDate-14
  • DateBalanceDue

• EventDate is a User-Entered - Optional Date field.
  • EventDate-14 is a Calculated - Read Only Date field. (I've also tried it with the name EventDate14, and I get the same result.) In the Calculate event, I have the following script:

Num2Date(Date2Num(EventDate,"YYYY-MM-DD")-14,"EEEE, MMMM D, YYYY")
  • DateBalanceDue is a Read Only Date field.

Then I have actions defined that set the DateBalanceDue field to either today's date (due when the reservation is made) or equal to EventDate-14 (two weeks before the event date).

After I set these conditions, I started getting the error message "EventDate-14 validate failed." every time I select EventDate. I don't have any validation in any of the three fields (or in any fields in the form, for that matter). The error only started after I added the EventDate-14 field.

1 Reply

Level 5

Hi,

you have to use this script in the exit-event from the user input-date-field. This script is correct for a subtraction. (without error messages )

if(this.rawValue != null)

{

var sDate = util.scand("yyyy-mm-dd", this.rawValue);

//THE SEVEN IN THE END OF THE LINE YOU CAN CHANGE WHEN YOU WISH TO ADD MORE OR LESS DAYS

var NewsDate = Number(sDate) - (24*60*60*1000*7);

var nDate = util.printd("dd.mm.yyyy", new Date(NewsDate));

//DatumsUhrzeitfeld2 --> YOUR TARGET FIELD --> PLEASE CHANGE THE NAME IN YOURS

DatumsUhrzeitfeld2.rawValue = nDate;

}

I hope it's helpful for you?

Kind regards

Mandy