Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Questions about Exporting form data by form user

Level 2

Wondering if there is a way to add a button to a form to export certain data to an empty/new Excel file?  (need recipient of email with pdf formfile attached to open form and enter password to get to hidden area and in this hidden area have a button to export certain data and/or modified data to a new/empty Excel file.)

Is there a way to name this excel file based on certain fields on form or based on date and time click button?

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

You can set up a data connection to an Excel file, but this isn't what you are looking for, as it sounds like you want a new Excel spreadsheet each time the button is pressed.

I don't think you can achieve this.

A possible workaround would be to create a button to export the data as XML and then process that in Excel.

Niall

Level 3

Hi Niall,

I have a couple of questions related to this answer - I have a form located on our intranet and need to collect data from multiple users of the form every month into an Excel spreadsheet. What would be the best way to do this - include a button that the user presses to email me their responses as XML? If this is best, how would it be done?

And can you collect the data over a month and process it in Excel in one go?

Thanks for your help.

Former Community Member

I am looking to set up a data connection to an excel file.  Basically my form has a lot of fields and I only need to capture certain ones each time.  When I try just a straight export it brings over everything in absolute mess.