Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Question on FormCalc

Level 2

Not sure what functionality I need to be using but here is what I am looking to accomplish. I need to know how to count the number of rows in a table that are not  null. I have a table with data but what I need to know is how many rows  are filled out. In other words, if 5 rows out of 20 are filled out, I  need my form to tell me that 5 rows are filled in. The specific data in  the table is irrelevant for this calculation. Furthermore, I do not need the formula to validate the all columns in the row, just 1 column filled out is fine.

I tried the following formula but this is literally counting each row as  1 without looking for data. If the row is blank, I need the formula to  skip that (or count it as 0). As mentioned, I can also pinpoint a specific cell if  needed.

Count("Page2.Table1.Row1", "Page2.Table1.Row2")

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You also can do this in FormCalc.

The syntax is similar to JavaScript.

var FilledRows = 0

for i = 0 upto Row.instanceManager.count -1 do

if (Row[i].Name ne null) then

FilledRows = FilledRows + 1

endif

endfor

; Popup message with number of filled rows

xfa.host.messageBox(Concat("There are currently", FilledRows, " filled rows in the table.")

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Former Community Member

I woudl do this using Javascript and not FormCalc. You will need to loop through each of the rows and test a field to see if it is populated.

You can use the RowName.instanceManager.count to get the number of Rows in your table. Then you can use that to control a For loop to lok at each row.

Lets assume your Row is called Row and the field you want to test is called Name. Each field will have a uniques name as Row[instanceMumber].Name

So your code woudl be something like this:

var NoOfRows = 0;

for (i=0;i<Row.instanceManager.count;i++){

if (xfa.resolveNode("Row[" + i + "]").Name.rawValue != null){

NoOfRows = NoOfRows + 1;

}   

}

When this code is run it the NoOfRows variable will contain the number of rows that have a value in it.

Hope that helps

Paul

Correct answer by
Level 10

You also can do this in FormCalc.

The syntax is similar to JavaScript.

var FilledRows = 0

for i = 0 upto Row.instanceManager.count -1 do

if (Row[i].Name ne null) then

FilledRows = FilledRows + 1

endif

endfor

; Popup message with number of filled rows

xfa.host.messageBox(Concat("There are currently", FilledRows, " filled rows in the table.")

Level 3

you code is amazing works like a charm, but how to make it check for all the rows and if there is no empty row then execute save as ?

Level 3

Just make an if statement below that and check if the "empty counter" is zero.

if (FilledRows == 0){

app.execMenuItem("SaveAs");

}

This is javascript I believe though, not very experienced in using FormCalc, but should be something alike.

Level 3

Thanks alot dear

your idea works great, but I don't know what is wrong it's still showing that there is 1 empty fielled in the form while there is none ! Help please below is my code :

Below is the code to get the empty filleds (counter);

form1.Page1.notification.NumericField1::ready:layout - (FormCalc, client)

var FilledRows = 0

for i = 0 upto Body.Table1.Row1.instanceManager.count - 1 do

if (Body.Table1.Row1[i].drp_names eq null) then

FilledRows = FilledRows + 1;

this.rawValue = FilledRows;

endif

endfor

the code in Javascript to check if the value of the counter is zero

form1.Page1.save_as::click - (JavaScript, client)

if (notification.NumericField1.rawValue == 0){

xfa.host.messageBox("This will save your form as PDF form, means you can edit later once more","Save As Form",3,0);

app.execMenuItem("SaveAs");}

else

{xfa.host.messageBox("You have : " + notification.NumericField1.rawValue + " empty highlighted fields","Empty Fields",3,0);}

Level 3

Just as a disclaimer, I havent run this code at all personally, so I would suggest you to use some textfield/messageBox to "verify" that the counter is working correctly. At first I misinterpreted your if statement in the counter as to be honest now you are counting "NotFilledRows" and not "FilledRows" as your variable is named .

Anyhow, from what I can see the code would work as inteded. But I havent ever used this ".drp_names" that you are using? Have you tried the ".Name" as Radzmar is using above?

And otherwise I would suggest you to double check your counter in some example environment, to really make sure that that code works, one example could be to leave out 2 entries in the table empty, does it show up as two empty fields etc.?

Level 3

first of all thanks for giving your time to my case, however the (drp_names) is text field and yes it shows that there is 2 empty fields but when there is not empty fields the counter does not reach to zero it stays at 1 this is my problem.