Expand my Community achievements bar.

Process Fields- Question

Level 10

The Process Fields (from custom object library) contains several fields such as AWS_STATUS, AWS_ACTION, AWS_TASKID etc.

Why don't I find any values in these fields?? I can see only the AWS_ASSIGNED_ID field with the OID of the user being opened the form.

Why workspace doesn't set these values??

Any Ideas?

Nith

4 Replies

Level 3

Hi Nith,

as far as AWS_ACTION is concerned - I think this is a dropdown list which contains a list of all the options the respective user should have when it comes to submitting the form. The list is populated at runtime from a comma-separated list which is stored on the server in one of the other process fields (there's a script that populates the list in the form). For every item, the Workspace app generates a button for the user to click on.

Regarding AWS_ASSIGNED_ID, I think this contains the user id of the guy who actually locked and edited the respective task.

I know this is not a complete answer, but maybe it helps.

Steffen.

Level 10

Hi Steffen,

I am keen to know the use of AWS_TASK_STATUS & AWS_TASK_ID fields.

I knew the usage of AWS_ACTION & AWS_ASSIGNED_ID fields.

Thanks,

Nith

Level 3

Since you mentioned AWS_ACTION etc. in your post I thought I should provide some info ... but maybe that was a misunderstanding.

For the other two, I can only suspect that those are not at all relevant for the *form* itself. I guess they are just meant to be containers for values that the Workspace app uses to store values in (user abc has just submitted data, dear server - deal with it ). The data is then used to fill all the structures and values that you can use in your server side submit services, for example.

Level 10

Your suggestion is also valuable Steffen.

Thanks,

Nith