Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can somebody please help with Javascript. 2 small problems.

Level 1

Hi. I have created a dynamic PDF form with fields. I have 2 problems that i am sure someone can help me with. (I can email anyone this PDF upon request).

PROBLEM 1. In this form I have a table (actually i think its a sub form) which has 3 buttons associated with it ('Add Row', 'Delete Row' and (Clear Row'). One button adds a new row. It works but it effectively duplicates the row (and all text fields/cells contained in the row) and places this new row at the bottom of any existing rows. What i require is for this button (the button gets duplicated along with the row) to place the new row immediately below the row from where it is clicked. ie, imagine you open the document, fill out the row (at this stage there is only one) and hit the 'Add Row' button. You now have 2 Rows (great), so you fill out the second Row. Now here is my problem, if you hit the 'Add Row' button on the first Row, a new 3rd Row is added to the bottom and not in between Row 1 and Row 2.

Effectively if you have dozens of Rows filled out and you need to insert a Row for an amendment, currently it cannot be done without deleting all Rows up to the point where you want to make the addition/insertion.

PROBLEM 2. Within this Row of text/numeric fields are two fields (called 'Rate' and 'Loading') where dollar amounts are entered. As the form is filled out (the Rows can be dynamically generated and it's fields manually filled out by the user) there can potentially be dozens of Rows in a completed form and, as each Row has many text/numeric fields, one can imagine Columns forming once there is more than 1 Row. At the end of the form, totals are automatically calculated. I have created a button to reset (erase) all amounts entered into these two specific fields (Columns) but in every Row. Unfortunately there is something wrong with my script syntax as this button does not do this. ( i want this facility as when the form, which is a budget proposal, is completed i need to send two copies - one to accountants with figures and logistics and a second copy to another department whom i do not want to give the figures, so i need the button to erase figures without having to clear each cell individually).

Any help that someone can give would be much appreciated.

Please email me at

braddbuckley@gmail.com if you would like me to send you the file.

Cheers

Bradd

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Send the form to

LiveCycle8@gmail.com and I will give it a go ....include a reference back to this forum posting.

Paul

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Send the form to

LiveCycle8@gmail.com and I will give it a go ....include a reference back to this forum posting.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----