Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Problems with expand to fit

Level 1

Hello,

I am very green when it comes to using Adobe Professional 8 so bear with me. I am trying to create a simple form from a Microsoft 2000 Word Doc. I have all the form field as I would like them as fill ins. There is one box that I would like to allow it to expand to show all text (not the scroll bar) so the user can print the form and see all applicable text. When I highlight the particular field and go the the layout tab the expand to fit option is grayed out. Is this just not possible with an existing form that I created in an older word program or am I missing something relatively easy. Thank you for any help!

2 Replies

Level 7

I've had mixed success importing existing word forms. If you delete the field in question and replace it with a new field from your library it should behave correctly. Having said that, there are several things that need to happen in order to make a field expand. I would strongly suggest you research dynamic/expandable forms before you go any further, it will most likely save you a lot of frustration and trial and error.

djaknow

Former Community Member

It will be dependant on how the form was created. When you imported the word file you had two options. You want to choose the option that allows for dynamic content.

Paul