Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

problems emailing PDF form

Former Community Member

Hi,

I got a problem:

I'm trying to ad a email button in a form using live cycle 4 on windows.

It al works fine submitting XML, but just won't work for PDF.

I have used all variations (common button, email button, adding java script behind the button) It works with XML, just not with PDF...

Can annyone help?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Use acrobat:

To attach a filled copy of your form to an email you have to add usage Rights to the form first.

You can add those rights with Acrobat XI under File > Save As Other > Reader Extended PDF > Enable More Tools.

or

You can add those rights with Acrobat X (mac) under File > Save As Other > Reader Extended PDF > Enable Adittional features

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Use acrobat:

To attach a filled copy of your form to an email you have to add usage Rights to the form first.

You can add those rights with Acrobat XI under File > Save As Other > Reader Extended PDF > Enable More Tools.

or

You can add those rights with Acrobat X (mac) under File > Save As Other > Reader Extended PDF > Enable Adittional features

Former Community Member

Of course this is ridiculous.... 

Can anyone tell me how i do this in ES4???

Level 7

Your answer is correct, unless you have the LiveCycle Server Reader Extensions module, then it can be automated.

Former Community Member

Hi Hunter...I'm new to JavaScript and LiveCycle Designer ES4 myself but I've managed to figure out how to send an email of my form via a button.  Although, now I'm trying to figure out how to change the attached form name it defaults to, the email still works with a field inserted into the subject and body.

The button I created is simply a submit button but with the "Control Type" as regular.  I've also added JavaScript to the button.  This works with MS Outlook 2010.  Hope this helps...

var SbjtStr = "Property file for " + Page1.BC.rawValue;   (Page1.BC.rawValue is a field in my PDF form)

var bdymsg = "The attached property form (" + Page1.BC.rawValue + ")  is sent for your disposition.";

event.target.mailDoc(false, "Fb@whateverdomain", "", "", SbjtStr, bdymsg);

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----